Friday, December 10, 2021

Kennady Tooke Visits Section 36!

Section 36 had another visitor! 
Kennady Tooke is passionate about helping disabled veterans, a talented singer, and the current Miss Mount Pleasant. I was so excited that she was willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.

So, let's see what happens when Kennady Tooke visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Mount Pleasant crown?

Following the crowning of Miss Mount Pleasant with my family and friends at Nardellos!! This was the cutest little Pizza joint in Mount Pleasant, Texas. They had live music and even recognized me with congratulations! 


Do you have a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss Mount Pleasant?

A specific goal that I personally want to focus on and continue to build my Social Impact on, is continuing to connect Disabled Veterans, in East Texas & Mount Pleasant, with the lacking resources! I strive to build on Set Out. Salute. Support. by working alongside veteran support groups to find all of the best places for our nations disabled veterans. 


What part of the upcoming Miss Texas competition are you most nervous about?

I am most nervous about my private interview. I feelcomfortable getting on stage and showing the crowd my personality. I don’t feel as comfortable leading up to my interview because of how personal I get to be with the judges. 


How did you select your social impact initiative?

I come from a HUGE military family. My appreciation for veterans come from growing up watching and learning from my dad, grandpa and various uncles. I saw how difficult it was for both my Dad and Grandpa to receive proper benefits following their service. I couldn’t be more grateful for all they’ve done and so if I can do anything, it would be giving back to veterans for as long as I can! 


As a talented singer, what do you enjoy most performing on stage?

I personally love being able to sing a song and feel everything the songs says. I love bringing to life the emotions that come from the lyrics. Singing out to a crowd and seeing their eyes full with emotion brings be greater joy.


How would you finish the sentence, “I get great satisfaction when ___”?

I get great satisfaction when I can impact the lives of others by raising a voice for them. Knowing I can speak out for those who also can make a difference in the world brings me peace.


If you could be a Disney Character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

If I could be any Disney character, I would be Mulan. I have always admired Mulan for her dedication to her father’s legacy and her family. As a woman, she was born into a traditional life and chose she wanted more for herself. She didn’t want others to decide her future so she made it for herself. She used her grit and determination and proved a woman is more than capable of anything she puts her mind to. 


If you had an extra ticket to an Astros-Rangers baseball game, who would you take with you? Why?

I would take my dad to the game! One of my fondest memories of my childhood is of my Dad coaching me in T-ball and G-ball! Even though we’re rooting for different teams, I appreciate the bond we share with sports.


Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience?

I always have dreamed about singing the National Anthem or throwing the first pitch of the game! 


---


Either of those would be a ton of fun!


As usual, I want to thank Kennady for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.


As Kennady continues her time as Miss Mount Pleasant, I encourage you to check out her title's Instagram account! It's a great way to keep track of everything she has going on! 


I also want to wish Kennady luck when she competes for Miss Texas! It would be fantastic to have the first Section 36 Forever wear that crown.


Thanks again Kennady, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week