Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Lindsey Larsen Visits Section 36!

Section 36 ha
s another visitor! Lindsey Larsen is passionate about changing lives, a talented dancer, and the current Miss Utah County. I was thrilled that she was willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more!

So, let's see what happens when Lindsey Larsen visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Utah County crown? 

After crying many happy tears, my family and I went out for Italian ice!


What did you learn about yourself at the Miss Utah County competition that will help you when you compete for Miss Utah?

To keep being my authentic self! Whether I’m doing interview, competing onstage, teaching dance, or just chilling at home, I’m always being authentically Lindsey. I learned that no one can be me but me. When I compete at Miss Utah, I want the judges to see my true heart like they did at Miss Utah County. 


Do you have a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss Utah County? 

I have many goals I want to accomplish with my Social Impact Initiative Move to Change. But aside from that, one of my favorite quotes says, “they may not remember what you said, they remember what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel.” I want everyone I come in contract with as Miss Utah County to feel the love I have for them. 


How did you select your social impact initiative, “Move to Change: Changing Lives Through Dance and Movement”?

I started an adaptive dance program my senior year of high school because I saw that people with special needs were not being included in their passions. I now run two successful programs and hope to add more across Utah County! I also go into elementary schools to teach the importance of movement in our everyday lives! Our bodies were made to move and especially after COVID, we aren’t moving as frequently. Moving and dancing can improve our mental and physical health which is so important. 


As a talented dancer, what do you enjoy most about performing on stage?

I absolutely love getting to tell stories or portray emotions on stage. My ballet piece for Miss Utah County was all about parades and showcasing the unity we feel at parades and celebrations. I really hope the audience could feel that love and unity in my dance!


How would you complete the sentence, “I get great satisfaction when ___”?

I work hard and achieve my goals! I’m very ambitious and a super goal oriented person. 


If you could be a Disney Character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

I would be Tiana! She didn't wait around for a prince to sweep her off her feet, instead she knew the meaning of hard work and literally worked two jobs to save money for her dream of opening her own restaurant.


If you had an extra ticket to a Salt Lake City Bees baseball game, who would you take with you? Why?

I would take my best friend Sara because we have such a fun time together and we love going to sporting events together! 


Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience?

If I could sing then I would totally want to sing the National Anthem at a baseball game or throw the first pitch.


---


Those would be great opportunities!


As always, I want to thank Lindsey for visiting with us, and for sending along the wonderful pictures to go with the interview.


As Lindsey continues her time as Miss Utah County, I encourage you to check out her official Instagram account. It's a great way to keep track of everything she has going on!


I also want to wish Lindsey luck when she competes for Miss Utah! It would be fantastic to have a Section 36 Forever win that crown.


Thanks again Lindsey, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week