Friday, September 10, 2021

Jordan Carraway Visits Section 36!

Section 36 ha
s another visitor! Jordan Carraway is passionate about providing role models for girls, a talented twirler, and the current Miss Hoover. I was thrilled that she was willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more!

So, let's see what happens when Jordan Carraway visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Hoover crown?

I called my parents and talked to them (they couldn't come to Miss Hoover), and then I drove 2 hours back to Auburn because I had a 6 am class the next day. It's boring, I know, but so goes the life of an engineering student/ROTC cadet. 


What part of the upcoming Miss Alabama competition are you most nervous about?

I'm most nervous about talent because I'm now without a baton coach. She passed away 4 days before Miss Hoover and I just hope I'm making her proud. 


Do you have a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss Hoover?

As Miss Hoover, I hope to get lots of time with young women

spreading the ideals of my social impact initiative. If I can touch the life of even one girl, I will consider my time as Miss Hoover as a success, but I want to reach as far as I possibly can.


How did you select your social impact initiative, “Girls Can!”?

As a hopeful future astronaut, engineering student, and contracted Air Force ROTC cadet, there are not many people who look like me in any of those workforces. I realized that developing a program that provided young girls with a woman they could look up to in male-dominated career fields may increase interest in these fields. 


As a talented twirler, what do you enjoy most about performing on stage?

I love doing the flashy fast performances because they always get audiences excited, and I feed off the crowd's energy.


At Auburn, you’re a cadet in the Air Force ROTC. What led you down that path?

I thought that maybe the military could be the career path I could take to one day become an astronaut when I was in middle school, so I gave Air Force JROTC a shot in high school. I fell in love with the program and the Air Force and knew from there that I wanted to do AFROTC in college. 


If you could be a Disney Character for a week, who would

you choose? Why?

I would be Remy from Ratatouille because he's living his best life in France and also because I am a huge foodie and love cooking good food that makes others happy. 


If you had an extra ticket to see the Birmingham Barons play the Rocket City Trash Pandas, who would you take with you? Why?

Definitely a little cheesy, but I would take my boyfriend. We met in Huntsville and had it on our date bucket list to watch a Trash Pandas game but never got to in the time we lived and worked at the US Space and Rocket Center. 


Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience?

I think getting to throw the first pitch one day at a baseball game would be a really cool experience, and it's on my bucket list. 


---


I would love to do that!


As always, I want to thank Jordan for visiting with us, and for sending along the wonderful pictures to go with the interview.


As Jordan continues her time as Miss Hoover, I encourage you to check out her official and personal Instagram accounts. They're great ways to keep track of everything she has going on!


I also want to wish Jordan luck when she competes for Miss Alabama! It would be fantastic to have another Section 36 Forever wear that crown.


Thanks again Jordan, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week