Thursday, September 9, 2021

2021 Diamond Kings Blaster!

After doing a quick check, it doesn't look like I've opened one of these before. At the very least, it doesn't look like I've talked about one of these before. Hopefully that will make it a little bit more fun fo you. Maybe a very little? In any event...

Let's get to it!


Here's what the box looks like, in case you were wondering.


And the seven packs of five cards. And the fascination with Babe Ruth.


Here's what the base card looks like. I enjoy it. With a set being named after a famous art subset, the "paint" feel to the border is a nice touch. Never thrilled with a bunch of older players in a set. But, in this case I knew what I was getting into.


Carrying on with the "art" theme and a "lithograph" combination. Too bad it's a Yankee.


Really going with the art look with this one. "The Club" name doesn't really fit. But the card just screams "I'm a painting" to me.


Another Red Sox card. Another retired player. This one's a super special Artist's Proof version. So, at least that's cool. And, I like Joe Wood. The black and white images for an "art" set are a bit jarring. Surprised they didn't spruce them up a bit.


Another very art insert set with a very non-art insert set name. I mean, I guess you can have elegance in your painting, but I think that's a bit of a stretch.


See? The color pictures make much more sense.


There! Another very artsy card from an insert set with an artsy name. That's how you do it. 


And another one. I like how the painting feel hides the fact that there's no logos. When everything is sort of choppy or blurry, it doesn't stand out as much.



Not bad. But, did every design element on the card need to be stacked on top of each other?

So there you have it. Several Red Sox. A few Red Sox inserts. Not a bad haul from the blaster.

How did yours go?



No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week