Wednesday, July 7, 2021

2020 Topps Update Blaster!

It's time to open another blaster! This time we'll go with 2020 Topps Update! I've had this one hanging around for a bit. With the way sportscards sell out so quickly, I find myself buying a few when I stumble upon them, and then opening them when the mood strikes. At this point you're probably no longer interested in this set. But, I'm writing about it anyway. So there. How'd I do? Let's see!

Here are the highlights...


As always, here's the box.


And the packs. Don't sleep on the special coin card pack!


See? A very nice card of Cody Bellinger with a coin type thing in it.


And not just any old Bellinger coin card. But, a rare, numbered Bellinger coin card. Once again, cards like these make me question my collecting hobby. My first instinct is that these are somehow "fake" memorabilia cards. They're not special coins. They're coins made to be put in cards. Why would anyone want that? And, why would anyone care if it's numbered? Then I often remember that all cards are simply cards made to be collected. Why am I so bothered by these? Why are "base" cards more "real" than cards with coins? Why do I like it so much more when those are numbered? Who am I? Why am I here?


The first Red Sox, an honest to goodness update card featuring Kevin Pillar.


I don't know why companies insist on putting Yankees players on my Red Sox cards.


A nice pink card of Nico Hoerner.


And it's numbered! Also, to 50! And, see? I don't mind the numbering on this base card. I don't understand my distaste for the coin cards. Am I the only one who feels this way?


Topps using past all-star appearances as filler cards in this set since the 2020 game didn't happen. I'm not mad about that. 


Especially when it means cards like this. I was lucky enough to attend this game, and will always love getting reminders of it. 

So, there's my blaster. Three Red Sox, and two cards numbered to 50. I'd say that's a good box.

How did you do?

1 comment:

  1. Getting two cards numbered that low in one box is impressive!

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week