Monday, July 12, 2021

1975 Topps Page by Page: Page 63 (559-567)

I'm sure that you all remember that I finally completed my 1975 Topps set.

Now that it's done I thought it would be fun to look through the set and talk about it. Going page by page seemed like a good way to go about it. Hopefully you find it interesting to read what I have to say.

How about we continue with page 63?



Red Sox Cards on the Page  

1. Bob Montgomery! Longtime Red Sox broadcaster, and the last player to not wear a batting helmet. I doubt the two are related.


Cards that make the 1975 Topps set cool 

Cards of young Hall of Famers are cool. Tony Perez is in the middle of his Hall of Fame career, but still pretty young. Players from the 1975 World Series are cool. Montgomery actually got an at-bat in the series. Perez was, naturally, a star. Nolan made two starts in the series, including Game Seven. Managers as players are cool. Joe Torre is most definitely not.


My favorite card on the page 

Have to go with Montgomery here. Love the 70's Red Sox pullovers.


What would your answers to those last two categories be?


1 comment:

  1. Nolan's my favorite on this page. Classic pose.

    Back in '75, the only ones I saw were the A's team card and Tommy Davis. The A's '70s unis were always cool.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week