Wednesday, January 8, 2020

1975 Topps Page by Page: Page 7 (55-63)

I'm sure that you all remember that I finally completed my 1975 Topps set. 


Now that it's done I thought it would be fun to look through the set and talk about it. Going page by page seemed like a good way to go about it. Hopefully you find it interesting to read what I have to say.


How about we continue with page 7?


Red Sox Cards on the Page: 1. This might not have been a card that Rick Wise would show off to all his friends. Did Topps only take one picture each year? 

Cards that make the 1975 Topps set cool: Two of the "cool" card categories show up on this page. I'm young enough to notice the card of Barry's father in the upper left corner. I also love the two early cards of hall of famers. "Early" may be pushing it with Jenkins. After all his career was half over, and his best years behind him by this point. But, it's much earlier than the '82 and '83 cards I was used to seeing him on. As for Dave Winfield? Tell me that second-year card isn't cool.

My favorite card on the page: I'm trying to decide if the Jenkins card is my favorite, or least favorite. The "modern collector" in my like the action pose that creates some visual interest. But, bot does it stick out like a thumb on the page of posed shots. At least the Chuck Taylor gives him a little bit of company, though. So, I'm going to go with the Jenkins.


What would your answers to those last two categories be?

3 comments:

  1. That Wise card is pretty sad looking. I got a look from him that was similar once when I asked him one too many times for his autograph LOL. I'd go with the Swisher card as my favorite on that page as it was perhaps the first card in the set I ever got signed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Swisher and Henderson, but I agree that Winfield is the coolest card here. Wise does look sad.. or maybe a little sleepy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coolest and the favorite is definitely the Chuck Taylor card. Didn't see it in '75 but if I did, I would've loved it.

    Only cards on this page I saw in '75 was Swisher and Wise. I actually liked the Wise card.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week