Monday, January 27, 2020

1975 Topps Page by Page: Page 9 (73-81)

I'm sure that you all remember that I finally completed my 1975 Topps set. 

Now that it's done I thought it would be fun to look through the set and talk about it. Going page by page seemed like a good way to go about it. Hopefully you find it interesting to read what I have to say.

How about we continue with page 9?



Red Sox Cards on the Page:  1. And what a Red Sox card it is! A fabulous card of the hero of the 1975 World Series.

Cards that make the 1975 Topps set cool: Young Hall of Famers! Of course, you have Fisk from his Red Sox days as a young all-star. You also have Ted Simmons, a much more recent addition to the cool card ranks.

My favorite card on the page: Yeah. It's the Fisk. Really, it's everything that excited me about the set in the first place. A great design, including the all-star star in the corner. A Red Sox hero from before I was really old enough to know it. A participant in that great World Series, and a young card of a baseball legend. It's really fantastic.

What would your answers to those last two categories be?

2 comments:

  1. Simmons was always a cool card, even way back in '75. Lots of great ones on this page from when I was a kid: Fisk, Matthews, Reed, Richard, Sprague. But my favorite was Zisk. Little did I know that I would grow up to interview him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably should have noticed that there was a "Zisk" on top of a "Fisk" on the page. What are the odds?

      Delete

What people are reading this week