Thursday, January 16, 2020

1975 Topps Page by Page: Page 8 (64-72)

I'm sure that you all remember that I finally completed my 1975 Topps set. 

Now that it's done I thought it would be fun to look through the set and talk about it. Going page by page seemed like a good way to go about it. Hopefully you find it interesting to read what I have to say.

How about we continue with page 8?



Red Sox Cards on the Page:  0. Pitching another shutout.

Cards that make the 1975 Topps set cool: This page contains a couple "coolness factors"...team cards and old cards of veterans. The Royals team card is a fun throwback. And, a card of a young Charlie Hough? You mean he wasn't always 40 years old? And a very early Mike Schmidt? Young Hall of Famers are so much fun.

My favorite card on the page: Has to be the Mike Schmidt. While the card is nothing special, and the condition of this particular one isn't exactly mint, it's definitely the key card on the page. An early card of one of the best to play his position. A guy I only saw when he was ready to retire. Here he is with his whole career in front of him. Quite the card.

What would your answers to those last two categories be?

1 comment:

  1. It took me a long time to realize that Schmidt was in the '75 set. I never saw it as a kid and just thought his '76 card was his first one. So when I was completing it, I had that "oh crap" realization, I've got to get that Schmidt card and it isn't going to be cheap!

    My favorite is the John "Blue Moon" Odom card. I liked that one a lot back in '75.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week