Friday, February 3, 2012

Red Sox Nation Crossword Puzzle Book, By Brendan Emmett Quigley

I have been a fan of BEQ puzzles from the beginning. Literally. So, imagine my delight when I recently found out that he wrote an entire book for Red Sox fans. How had I missed this? I was finally able to track down a copy, and sure am glad I did.

When I saw that Quigley had written the book, I noticed that he wrote similar books for other teams as well. My one fear was that the puzzles would be generic "baseball" puzzles barely tilted towards the team. I was expecting words like "diamond" and "bases" to be as close as he got to a real Red Sox answer. Boy was I wrong. The puzzles all have Red Sox themes, and a high percentage of the answers are straight out of Red Sox Nation. Fantastic! 25 puzzles traveling through 100 years of Red Sox history. I can't imagine a Red Sox crossword fan not having one of these in their collection.

Rating: 4 bases

1 comment:

  1. Hi email me your address to martynheap at yahoo dot co dot uk

    I have 13 cards you need

    2011 series 1 #123, 372 & 464.
    2010 Finest 13 & 122.
    2010 N Chicle 22, 82, 218, 221 & 223.
    1975 Topps #489
    1977 Topps #111 & 235

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week