Monday, February 13, 2023

Go Red! 2019 Tops Stadium Club Red Foil Carlton Fisk

February is American Heart Month. As a nod to the Go Red for Women activities going on this month to help raise awareness, I thought I'd contribute several "red" themed posts sprinkled throughout the month. Here's the next one.


Let's talk about this card...



When Fisk left Boston as a 33 year old catcher, I wonder how many people would have guessed he had more than half his career left in front of him. That division of time makes it all the more remarkable that the Red Sox have managed to reclaim him as one of their own. Especially since his home run is no longer the best World Series moment in the last sixty years.

The card itself is really nice. As always, the red foil works well on the Red Sox card. Even with the pullover jerseys, it gives off a classic elegant feel that I enjoy. The image, too, seems to invoke the feel of so much motion for what is basically a posed shot. I can't really say much about it, other than to say I'm glad the text does a great job hiding to let the image speak for itself. Well done.

---

If you are able, I highly recommend you support the American Heart Association's efforts with a donation. You can find the link here.

Support the efforts to Go Red for Women!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week