Monday, February 27, 2023

Go Red! 2020 Topps Opening Day Target Red Foil Michael Chavis

February is American Heart Month. As a nod to the Go Red for Women activities going on this month to help raise awareness, I thought I'd contribute several "red" themed posts sprinkled throughout the month. Here's the next one.


Let's talk about this card...




When I talked about the Andrew Benintendi card from this set earlier this month, I mentioned that I never quite knew what happened to Benintendi. To go from such a top prospect to a midling player, I never quite saw what went wrong. That goes double for Chavis. There was so much promise, and it just...didn't come together. In both cases, it seemed the Sox knew something I didn't, and they were right in both cases. Which is too bad, since they were both fun to watch.

The card itself is, again, fun. The red foil card still works better on Red Sox cards, or obvious reasons. Although, the blue jerseys still don't work quite as well. The photo is again a nice image for the very narrow vertical space allowed on the 2020 Topps cards. I wish his hand wasn't cropped off behind him, but that's probably a little nit picky. Can't have everything I suppose.

---

If you are able, I highly recommend you support the American Heart Association's efforts with a donation. You can find the link here.

Support the efforts to Go Red for Women!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week