Wednesday, June 23, 2021

1975 Topps Page by Page: Page 60 (532-540)

I'm sure that you all remember that I finally completed my 1975 Topps set.

Now that it's done I thought it would be fun to look through the set and talk about it. Going page by page seemed like a good way to go about it. Hopefully you find it interesting to read what I have to say.

How about we continue with page 60?



Red Sox Cards on the Page
  

1. I remember Tommy Harper more as a Red Sox coach than as a player. But, here he is as an outfielder.


Cards that make the 1975 Topps set cool 

Players from the 1975 World Series are cool. But, Harper isn't one of them. By the 1975 season itself, Harper was playing on the West Coast. He was actually on the Oakland team that lost to Boston in the ALCS that year. Cards of Hall of Famers are cool. Lou Brock certainly fits that bill.


My favorite card on the page 

For some reason, the Rudy Meoli card calls to me. Love the idea of using a card picturing him tracking a (most likely) foul pop out. Quite an "action" shot to look at for a year.


What would your answers to those last two categories be?

2 comments:

  1. Meoli is easily the best card on the page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meoli is my favorite. I prefer the blurred background fans to the modern crisp and clear fans.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week