Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Katrina Kincade Visits Section 36!

Photo by K. Garcia Productions
Section 36 has another visitor! Katrina Kincade is passionate about inclusion, a television reporter, and the current Miss North Shore. I was so excited that she was willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.

So, let's see what happens when Katrina Kincade visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss North Shore crown?

Right after I won, I was so happy that I called my best friends crying! I had to go to work at 4AM the next day so I didn’t have much time to celebrate after haha. But I definitely treated myself with some fast food from a McDonalds on the Pike on my drive back! 


What made you want to compete for the Miss North Shore title? 

I have wanted to be a part of the Miss Massachusetts Organization since I was a child. I have a dream to represent my home state on the Miss America stage and be the first Miss Mass. to take the crown back home to Massachusetts. So in pursuing my goal and paying off my massive amount of student debt, I competed for the title! I’m very passionate about fixing the student debt crisis in this country and the Miss America Scholarship Organization is a huge force in that mission that I’m grateful to be a part of. 


What part of the upcoming Miss Massachusetts competition are you most nervous about? 

I’m always nervous about talent. I was pretty insecure about my singing voice as a teenager, despite doing musical theater and A cappella in high school. I’m constantly working on my fear of performing in front of crowds. I love entertaining so I try to think of it like I’m acting to perform a solo in a musical! 


How did you select your “inclusion” social impact initiative?

Well I’ve been volunteering with Special Olympics for 14 years so it was natural to choose “Special Olympics: Inclusion Revolution” as a my Social Impact Initiative. My brother is on the autism spectrum and has been a Special Olympian since we were children, that’s how my passion for inclusion started. A lot of children bullied my brother when we were growing up because he was neurodiverse. I realized that when people are more involved in inclusionary activities such as Special Olympics that they gain an understanding of people who are neurodiverse. So through my SII I want to educate people on being more inclusive with the neurodiverse community.


You work as a reporter for WWLP-22 News. What’s your favorite part about that job?

Photo by K. Garcia Productions
I love meeting new people and hearing their stories! I’m a communicator and storyteller. I’ve always enjoyed listening to the stories that make people who they are or why they are passionate about a subject. I believe through my job I have the power to tell the stories of those who are often underrepresented in media. I love to amplify diverse voices so that the community can hear many different perspectives!


What is your personal fitness routine?

I love outdoor sports. I have a hard time concentrating at the gym. So I love a good steep hike, rock climbing or biking! I love indulgent food and honestly I just workout so that I can eat more food and still stay in shape haha. 


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

I’ve always wanted to be a princess and my favorite is Tiana. I would choose her because her motto is “A dream is a little big of magic and a lot of hard work.” Shes focused on her goals and works hard to achieve them and I admire that and hope I embody that spirit.


As a longtime Red Sox fan, who is your favorite all-time Sox player? Why?

Easily, Papi. I’ve been a fan of Big Papi since I was a child and I’ve gotten to meet him a couple times. He’s always a nice guy and willing to talk to fans! Also this restaurant he owned once was really good! But every player on the 2004 World Series team has my heart! 


Is there a feature or activity during a game at Fenway Park that you’d especially like to experience?

I want to be on the Jumbotron so badly hahah! I always try to get its attention by dancing to songs that are being played but I guess my skills haven’t been Jumbotron quality yet! 


---

I sure hope she makes an appearance on the Jumbotron soon!

As always, I want to thank Katrina for visiting with us, and for sending along the fantastic pictures to go with the interview.

I encourage you to follow Katrina on her Instagram account. It's a great way to keep track of everything she has going on!


I also definitely want to wish her the best of luck when she competes for the Miss Massachusetts title. It would be wonderful to have another Section 36 visitor wear that crown!
 
Thanks again Katrina, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week