Tuesday, October 17, 2017

The 30-Day Baseball Card Challenge: Day #26

Tony, the wonderful writer of the “Off Hiatus Baseball” blog, started a fun activity based off the “30-Day Music Challenge” that Twitter users were taking. The list of challenges looks like this:



Today, we’ll continue with Challenge #26: A favorite oddball card from the 1980's.

I was waiting for this post. As I struggled through trying to find an oddball from the 50's, 60's, and 70's I knew this was coming. The 80's. My prime collecting years and, of course, prime territory for some odd stuff. 

So, when I flipped through my binders, I had plenty of choices. The Coca-Cola cards from the first couple years of the decade are favorites of mine, since I love Coke. But, I never actually pulled any of those myself. I had to rely on trades. There were, of course, numerous boxed sets to choose from. But, there were so many I was overwhelmed with choices. 

Then I came to this beauty.



Baseball cards you can get in a loaf of bread! How awesome is that? And, not just any card. In this case, it's a card of the greatest hitter that ever lived! As a J.J. Nissen spokesman, he was added to the set along with current superstars. So you can make a sandwich, and get a card of the Kid at the same time.

These cards I remember actively chasing. Buying the bread, and seeing who was inside. They're nice cards too. Well done on the design, even if the printing quality isn't exactly out of this world. Especially with Ted, the fact that they didn't have logos wasn't such a big deal. 

They're just so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. See my trade bait page, the Red Sox section, and let me know what you need.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week