Friday, October 6, 2017

Even Though I'm Still on Track

I can't say that I'm a big fan.

Oh, sure. I know that losing Game One on the road isn't exactly a death sentence. I know that the Sox only need to win on of three in Houston. I know that the way the series is set up, the lower seed actually has an advantage by having games 3-4 in their park. I know thatDrew Pomeranz beat the Astros just last week.


But that was still annoying.


I would have much preferred Chris Sale go out there and be Chris Sale. I would have preferred the offense to have kicked into high gear right out of the gates. I would have preferred a shutdown effort from the bullpen to really set the tone.


But that didn't happen.


So, the Red Sox will just have to go ahead and win three of the next four games. They can do that. They can do that after losing big. 


All they need to do is string a few more hits together. They need Drew to be Drew. They need Hanley to be Hanley. They need Pedroia to actually show up. They just need to do what they can do.


If they do that, they win Game Two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week