Friday, October 13, 2017

Amanda Ledoux Visits Section 36!

Photo by Katrina
Bernard Photography
Section 36 has another visitor! Amanda Ledoux is a dancer, a Red Sox fan, and the current Miss Winnipesaukee! With all that going on, she was nice enough to visit with us to discuss those topics, and more. I’m sure you’ll be glad she did.

So, let’s see what happens when Amanda Ledoux visits Section 36!

What made you decide to compete for Miss Winnipesaukee?
Being a part of the Miss NH program was always something in the depths of my mind, I had many friends tell me how great their experience in the program was, but I never saw myself in that role. It was always a dream of mine, but never one I thought would come to fruition. After graduating with my degree in May, I knew I needed a new adventure, something to commit my newly found free time and efforts to. Seeing our amazing Miss NH Lauren Percy represent the state and witnessing the success and happiness of so many other young women in the program ignited something in me. I quickly decided to begin competing in June and just one short month later, on July 9th, I was crowned the 93rd Miss Winnipesaukee. Now I know it sounds cheesy, but I can honestly say that deciding to join the Miss NH organization was the best thing that has ever happened to me and I only wish I realized this dream of mine sooner!

How did you celebrate being crowned?
The night I was crowned was a whirlwind! I can honestly say that I had no idea that I would be walking away with the title, let alone the many new friends and sisters I had suddenly gained. After packing up the gowns, heels, and makeup, I piled in the car, crown still firmly planted on my head and headed straight for Wendy’s (the only establishment open in Tilton at that hour!). Believe me, something about a sparkly crown makes a frosty taste extra sweet, I highly recommend trying it sometime!

How did you become interested in your platform, S.A.A.S-Staying Active at all Ages and Stages?
Growing up as an avid dancer, I was fortunate to have always had a way to stay active. I quickly fell in love with the benefits and mechanics of exercise. So when it came time to decide my college major I knew Exercise Physiology was the perfect fit. It allowed me to pursue an interest that I have always loved while learning how to share that with others. Through my time in college I learned that it is possible for people of any age or physical fitness ability to experience these benefits. Too often we see the typical fitness types and think “I could never do what they do”. But the point is that anyone can do something! Through my platform I hope to raise awareness and provide opportunities for those who may not think physical activity is attainable for them, while encouraging those of all ages and stages to come together to enjoy the benefits of staying active!

Is there a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss Winnipesaukee?
There are so many things I’d like to accomplish during my year, so finding just one is not an easy task! I really just want to take my year and live every minute of it to the fullest. Participating in as many events as possible, supporting my Miss NH sisters, raising awareness for my personal platform, and of course preparing for Miss NH in April! One particular goal I have set for myself is to participate in one Miss Winni related event per week, whether that be our Miss Winnipesaukee Bingo at Funspot, attending the many local competitions to support my sisters, or anything else I might be able to fit in. I am proud to say that so far I have kept up with this goal and hope to continue as my year goes on!

Your talent is Jazz Dance. What do you like most about dancing onstage?
Dancing onstage is an experience like no other. As a dancer, I have always felt comfortable onstage. Now, that’s not to say that there haven’t been times that I have been nervous because oh my goodness, let me tell you, there have been plenty of those! But when stepping on the stage, I have always felt at home. Dancing makes me feel at home. I don’t think I ever fully realized this until college, when I did not have the opportunity to perform as often. Onstage I can tell a story, entertain, or simply move to the music, all the while sharing that experience with the audience. For those moments, for both me and the audience, it feels as though there is nothing else to worry about or focus on and I love that about the arts. Being onstage is so special to me and I wouldn’t trade the feeling for anything.

If you can’t sit in Section 36, where do you (or where would you) like to sit to watch a Red Sox game?
I would have to say behind home plate. There is something about being right in the action and experiencing the heat of the game up close. Nothing like it!

Which young Red Sox player are you most excited about?
I would have to say I am most excited about Benintendi. At all of the games I’ve been to he has had some amazing hits and plays. Being only a year older than myself, playing on the Sox is a pretty great accomplishment!

Who was your favorite Red Sox player growing up?
My favorite Red Sox player growing up had to be Nomar
Garciaparra. He was the first real jersey that my grandfather gifted to me (the pick one, obviously), one of the first players I could recognize on the field and I loved watching him play. Going to Fenway was a tradition my Grandfather introduced me to at a very young age. He would bring my brother and I to games and answer every question an excited kid might have, and I mean every question, without hesitation. ( “Who’s at bat? Was that a strike? What inning is it?” “Does that mean we win?!?”)  I will always remember the hustle before the game, finding your way through the turnstiles on Yawkey Way, and finally getting settled in your seat with a Fenway Frank ready to watch the Sox throw that first pitch.  I credit all my baseball love to him and am thankful to this day that we can always bond over a Sox game. Thanks Bumpa! 

The Red Sox just finished their first season in a while without David Ortiz. What’s your favorite Ortiz memory?
Oh my! Ortiz has been a part of my Red Sox experience as long as I can remember. He has brought home many wins, and many memories for Sox fans. I would have to say that my favorite memory of Ortiz isn’t one of his baseball accomplishments, but rather the day he walked out on the field days after the tragic Boston Marathon bombings and declared his gratitude and love for the city of Boston. In a time where we were unsure, scared, and looking for hope, Ortiz did what he does best and gave Boston a reason to smile. I will always remember what he did, on and off the field, for Sox fans!

-----

That was definitely a powerful memory for all of us. I also enjoyed Amanda's vivid recollections of Red Sox games with her grandfather. What great moments.

As always, I want to give huge thanks to Amanda for doing this interview. She did a wonderful job. I also want to thank her for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview. They definitely spruce up the post. I love the fact that one of them included Section 36!

As Amanda continues her time as Miss Winnipesaukee, I encourage you to follow her on her official Facebook page, as well as on Instagram. The Miss Winnipesaukee organization also has a Facebook page you should definitely check out.

And, of course, I want to wish Amanda luck in April as she competes for the Miss New Hampshire crown. Will she be the first Section 36 visitor to go on and win that crown?


Thanks again Amanda, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week