Friday, January 19, 2024

Aubrianna Mayette Visits Section 36!

Section 36 had another visitor! 
Aubrianna Mayette is passionate about self-harm awareness, a talented singer, and the current Miss Northwestern Vermont's Teen. I was so excited that she wanted to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. 

So, let's see what happens when Aubrianna Mayette visits Section 36!

What made you decide to compete for the Miss Vermont’s Teen crown as Miss Northwestern Vermont’s Teen?

I decided to compete in the Miss Vermont program last year. I wanted to do something for my community and once I got into the program. I fell in love with the girls that I compete with.  They’re like a whole new family I didn't know I needed. It's a place where I can relate with girls my age and see what we are all trying to do for our  communities. 


What is something that Ginger Ragaishis is doing as Miss Vermont’s Teen that you would like to emulate?

One thing for sure that I would emulate as Miss Vermont’s Teen from the current Miss Vermont’s Teen, Ginger Ragaishis is her social media.  Her online appearance is impeccable  and I would like to do the same. By doing in person appearances it does help me spread word around the community and state but by having a social media presence will help me spread the word about my CSI further and quicker.


What do you enjoy about performing your talent on stage?

I love to sing. I have sang in the chorus ever since I was in 3rd grade. When I am singing I feel comfortable and safe. It's a part of me that I like to share with others. I feel like music brings people together and by the end of the day that's my goal.


What can you tell me about your non-profit The Orange Ribbon Project?

The Orange Ribbon Project is a non-profit organization I created to spread awareness about Self-harm. We provide information to teens and other young adults on how to get help if they do have thoughts of self harm. Along with other techniques of how to help in stressful situations so they don’t hurt themselves in emotional distress. We also explain to adults such as parents,grandparents, other guardians,and teachers of why teens and other young adults self-harm. So when a teen or young adult asks for help they don’t feel judged or not understood. This is extremely important to me because I was a self-harmer for three years because of bullying. Before I got help I was a wreck. I thought everyone knew and was judging me along with a feeling of not being understood. That's why I want to create a space where teens and young adults can feel safe in their communities. Especially when I started to see this issue in my school and no one was talking about it. So I started the Orange Ribbon Project and started to hand out trigger bags which have fidgets and other calming objects to help the person to calm down in emotional distress. It also has information to help the teen or young adult can reach out to.


If you could be a Disney Character for a week, Who would you choose and why?

It's funny that you mention that because I work for an event company called VT Charming Events,  where I actually work playing Disney Princesses. So that's a tough question to answer.  I guess I would have to go with Belle from Beauty and the Beast because as a kid I could relate to her. I was a kid who loved to read books,care for her family, and lived in a small town where everyone knows everyone.


Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you would especially like to experience?

As a part of a family where baseball is all we talk about all year round I would say I would love to go see a Blue Jays game with my dad. My dad has been a fan of the Blue Jays for years, my dad and I have bonded over the team so I think it would be an amazing experience to go to. I have also sang the National Anthem for Vermont’s own Vermont Lake Monsters so I think having an opportunity to sing the National Anthem at a professional baseball game would be a bucket list item, Especially if it was a game where the Red Sox played the Blue Jays. My dads parents and brother are all big Red Sox fans. We are planning to see a game this summer, right now we are trying to decide between Fenway or NYC. 


---

I hope she's able to get to a game!

As always, I want to thank Aubrianna for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

I'm sure you'd like to follow along with her during her journey. You should be sure to check out her title's Instagram account. 
It's a great way to keep track of everything she has going on. 


Thanks again Aubrianna, and good luck in the future!



No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week