Friday, August 25, 2023

Emily Anastasio Visits Section 36!

Claire Marchand
Section 36 had another visitor! 
Emily Anastasio is passionate Alzheimer’s Awareness, a talented dancer, and the current Miss Connecticut's Teen. I was so thrilled that she was willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. 

So, let's see what happens when  Emily Anastasio visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Connecticut’s Teen crown?

After I won the title of Miss Connecticut’s Teen, I celebrated with my family! We had a huge BBQ cookout at my uncle’s house and had a blast talking about my experiences during Miss Connecticut Week.


How did you select your Community Service Initiative: Alzheimer’s Awareness?

When choosing my Community Service Initiative, I knew I wanted to support an organization and initiative that was near and dear to my heart. Both of my great grandmother’s suffered from Alzheimer’s, and after watching the effects that it had on them both and learning more about this debilitating disease, I knew that I wanted to help and educate people on Alzheimer’s and the effects that it has on patients and their caretakers.


What is something that Peyton Troth did as Miss Connecticut’s Outstanding Teen that you would like to emulate? 

At such a young age, Peyton has been able to accomplish so much. She has broken barriers for young women across the state, and has overcome so many challenges to get to where she is today. As her successor, I have big shoes to fill and a legacy to continue, and as Miss Connecticut’s Teen 2023, I would like to follow in Peyton’s footsteps and continue to speak up and speak out about things that I am passionate about, in hopes to create positive change within the state of Connecticut.


As a talented dancer, what do you enjoy most about performing on stage?

Catherine Fiehn
As a competitive dancer of 15 years, I have grown up on the stage. The thing that I enjoy most about performing is getting to be the best version of myself while on stage. I am the most happy when I am performing, and getting to showcase that is absolutely wonderful.


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

If I could be a Disney character for a week, I would choose to be Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Belle is always kind to everyone that she meets, and doesn’t care about the negative opinions that others may have about her. She is willing to lend a helping hand to anyone that needs it, and is incredibly smart!


If you had an extra ticket to a Hartford Yard Goats game, who would you take with you? Why?

If I had an extra ticket to a Hartford Yard Goats game, I would take my grandmother with me. My grandmother is the person who introduced me to the sport of baseball and watches every Red Sox game with me on TV when we are together. We share a mutual love and appreciation for the sport, and any time I get to spend with her is a great time.


Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience?

As an avid baseball lover and Red Sox fan, I have already experienced so many wonderful activities at Fenway Park, from having a ball tossed to me by Cristian Vasquez, getting to watch batting practice on top of the Green Monster, meeting my favorite baseball player, JD Martinez, singing Sweet Caroline at the top of my lungs, and seeing several home runs leave the park. One thing that I haven’t experience yet, is getting to announce at a baseball game on national television. My dream job is to work as a Sports Broadcaster at ESPN or NESN, so getting to pursue that would be an absolute dream come true!


---

That would definitely be a dream!

As usual, I want to thank Emily for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

I also want to wish Emily luck when she competes for Miss America's Teen! It would be fantastic to have the first Section 36 Forever wear that crown.

I'm sure you'd like to follow along with Emily during her journey as Miss Connecticut's Teen. You should be sure to check out her title's Instagram account, Facebook page, and website. They're great ways to keep track of everything she has going on. 


Thanks again Emily, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week