Friday, November 25, 2022

Chloee Kline Visits Section 36!

Section 36 had another visitor! 
Chloee Kline is passionate about mental health, a talented performer, and the current Miss Collegiate North. I was so excited that she was willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. 

So, let's see what happens when Chloee Kline visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Collegiate North crown?

My family and friends couldn’t make it to watch the pageant, and I didn’t expect to win! I went home with my crown on and surprised my family after the pageant. They were very excited, to say the least. I always get Taco Bell after pageants to my mom bought a taco for me to celebrate.


Is there a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss Collegiate North?

My biggest goal is to connect with as many Indiana colleges and universities as possible to share my social impact initiative, implement The Bandana Project and get college students mental health resources they may need but not know about. 


What is something Elizabeth Hallal is doing as Miss Indiana that you would want to emulate?

Eliza is a full-time college student but also attends a ton of events and appearances. I want to make sure I attend as many events as possible, like Eliza and soak up my time as Miss Collegiate North. 


How did you select your social impact initiative, “The Bandana Project”?

While a student at Purdue University, I was heavily involved in Student Government (PSG). PSG organizes a Mental Health Awareness Week each year. In my senior year, we decided to implement The Bandana Project on campus. We distributed over 30,000 bandanas and resource cards on campus. This project was very successful and truly impacted my life and my mental health journey. I knew I wanted to use this as my SII to give students the resources I didn’t have as a college student.


What do you enjoy most about performing your talent on stage?

I grew up in theatre and show choir and miss performing on stage. I truly enjoy the talent portion of the competition as it takes me back to my performing days. I feel so at peace on stage, sharing a song that has touched my heart so much I feel compelled to perform it on stage.


You’re a proud graduate of Purdue University. Where do you see your degree taking you?

With the scholarships I’ve earned in this organization, I hope to attend law school and further my education in legal writing. I feel very prepared from my time at Purdue! I have a Bachelor of Arts in English and Professional Writing. I’ve made many connections with other Purdue alumni inside and outside of the Miss America Organization. I am most thankful for the Purdue Community and how I’ve learned to network with them. 


If you could be a Disney Character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

One of my all-time favorite movies is Ratatouille. I would love to be Remy for a week, not only to cook and eat some delicious food but to also experience Paris and French culture. 


If you had an extra ticket to see the Fort Wayne TinCaps play the South Bend Cubs, who would you take with you? Why?

I would definitely take my sister and my nephew to a Tin Caps game. I grew up in the Fort Wayne area and went to a few baseball games as a kid when the team was the Wizards. I would love to take my nephew to do things that I did as a child in northeast Indiana. 

 

Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience?

Last summer, I attended an Indianapolis Indians game and had a blast! I’m excited to attend more games next season and I aspire to sing the National Anthem at a game as a titleholder. 


---

Singing the anthem would be an incredible experience! 

As always, I want to thank Chloee for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

I also want to wish her luck when she competes for Miss Indiana! It would be fantastic to have another Section 36 Forever wear that crown.

I'm sure you'd like to follow along with Chloee during her journey as Miss Collegiate North. You should be sure to check out her title's Instagram account. It's a great way to keep track of everything she has going on. 


Thanks again Chloee, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week