Friday, November 19, 2021

Mikkayla DeBolt Visits Section 36!

 

Section 36 had another visitor! Mikkayla DeBolt is passionate about limiting technology, a talented speaker, and the current Miss Wyoming. I was excited that she was willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.


So, let's see what happens when Mikkayla DeBolt visits Section 36!


How did you celebrate winning the Miss Wyoming crown?

I was extremely fortunate to have so many of my family and friends attend the Miss Wyoming Competition. They have been supportive and helped me since I decided that I would be competing so it meant the world those that were able to attend – and even those who couldn’t attend but were sending me well wishes. Due to all of the support, all I wanted to do was celebrate with them. It was a feeling of WOW, I just won Miss

Wyoming but now what am I going to do to impact the state and the kiddos. It was a small moment of celebration before I hit the ground running.


What did you learn about yourself at the Miss Wyoming competition that will help you at Miss America?

The first time I competed for Miss Wyoming was back in 2019– I had never competed in something like this and had no idea what to expect. I believe that I grew and became a lot more confident in who I am. I may not have grown up in the pageant world but the most important thing is for me to be myself. I know who I am and beliefs and I am proud of who I am. I’m my best self when I’m being true to who I am, and I plan to continue to be me while competing for Miss America. True beauty is what’s on the inside and their confidence in who they are.


You were recently able to appear in the iconic Show Us Your Shoes parade. What was that experience like?

It was surreal feeling to be a part of the iconic Show Me Your Shoes parade. Although, I am not from Connecticut people were still cheering me on by my state as well as my name. It was really rewarding to see so many people come out and show their support for all of us titleholders.


How did you select your social impact initiative, “Kids Unplugged: Encouraging Our Youth to Explore Their World Without Technology”?

Growing up, I spent a lot of time at the Sheridan County YMCA and I’ve always loved working with kids - many people were very surprised when I didn’t get an education degree for that reason. But I continue to be involved with youth organizations and stay connected with them which is where the youth part comes in. I also have a passion for traveling and exploring the world. I’ve had a dream to hit 25 states by the time I’m 25,

and due to the Miss America organization I have been able to reach that plus a few extras. My social impact initiative takes my love for kids and my love to explore/travel and puts them together. I also believe that our youth our the future, and their stories start now. We need to help them grow and become the best versions of themselves.


As a public speaker, what do you enjoy most about being on stage?

The part I love most about being a public speaker and being

on stage is what happens after. When I’m speaking, I hope to connect with each individual person on some level – I want something I say to stand out to them. That way when I get off stage, they will come talk to me about it. Connecting with people truly is a remarkable feeling and I enjoy the deeper connections, not just the surface level information.


How would you finish the sentence, “I get great satisfaction when ___”?

I get great satisfaction when taking a leap of faith. Life is an adventure and I never know what tomorrow will hold – which is why I try to make the most out of every day I am given. That includes taking chances, trying new things and stepping out of my comfort zone. I never saw myself as Miss Wyoming – I thought it would be a phenomenal opportunity but didn’t think I could do it. Now here I am, on one of the wildest rides I’ve ever been on just because I woke up one day and thought, “why not me?” I took a leap of faith when I decided to compete and I am beyond grateful that I did.


If you could be a Disney Character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

I would love to spend a week being Ariel from the Little Mermaid. Growing up, I loved watching all of the Disney princess movies… on repeat. Not only would I get to live out a life long dream of being a Disney princess but I would also get to be a mermaid. Dolphins are my favorite animal so being able to swim them and other animals in the sea without worrying about breathing would be a surreal feeling.


If you had an extra ticket to see a Casper Horse Heads baseball game, who would you take with you? Why?

I would take my friend Bridget to attend a Casper Horse Heads baseball game with me. No matter what we do, we always have a good time together. She also really enjoys

watching and playing sports so I know she would enjoy the game.


Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience?

My older brother played baseball and my dad was usually thecoach so I was able to spend a lot of time at a baseball diamond. There were a lot of parts I was able to play and things I was able to do, but I never quite was able to hit a home run. I think that would be an amazing feeling – even though some people do it all the time, it’s never anything that I have been able to experience.



---


I'd like to do that too! 

As always, I want to thank Mikkayla for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

As Mikkayla continues her time as Miss Wyoming, I encourage you to follow her title's Instagram and Facebook accounts. You should also check out the official Miss Wyoming website. They're great ways to keep track of everything she has going on! 

I also want to wish her the best of luck when she competes for the Miss America crown next month. It would be fantastic to have another Section 36 visitor wear that crown!

Thanks again Mikkayla, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week