Friday, October 29, 2021

Carli Batson Visits Section 36!

Section 36 had another visitor! 
Carli Batson is passionate about the arts, a talented dancer, and the current Miss North Carolina. I was excited that she was willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.

So, let's see what happens when Carli Batson visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss North Carolina crown?

After winning Miss North Carolina, the Miss NC board hosted a lovely reception  and provided accommodations for a great night's sleep at the JH Adams Inn  in High Point, NC. It was such a relaxing way to end the best day of my life before starting my first day on the job! 


Do you have a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss North Carolina?

My ultimate goal as Miss North Carolina is to inspire and guide young women across our state and country toward the Miss America Organization by showcasing the transformative and relevant nature of the program. 


What did you learn about yourself at the Miss North Carolina competition that will help you at Miss America?

At Miss North Carolina this year I stood by the motto, “let it be.” I narrowed my focus on having fun and being grateful for the opportunity. At Miss America and during my preparation for the competition, I am continuing to soak in every moment and begin every day with a grateful heart. 


How did you select your social impact initiative, “Carolina Cares”?

My social impact initiative, Carolina Cares, was born from my own personal experience. Community theatre rescued me at a time where performing at a competitive level was no longer a financial possibility for my family. My initiative is devoted to giving back to performance arts communities and enhancing art literacy. 


As a talented dancer, what do you enjoy most about performing on stage?

My favorite part about dancing onstage is being able to share a story through movement. I like to think of every opportunity to dance as a gift. 


You are working towards your degree in Communication; Public Relations. Where do you see yourself going in that field?

My dream job would be to work as an Arts Management professional for a performing arts company or non-profit organization. 


If you could be a Disney Character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

Rapunzel! As someone with very short hair, having those long locks for a week would be so much fun! Tangled is also one of my favorite movies! 


If you had an extra ticket to a Boone Bigfoots baseball game, who would you take with you? Why?

I would invite my Dad! My dad loves baseball and even coached little league back in the day! My brother and I never really go into it, so I’m sure he would enjoy a game in Boone, NC! The field at Appalachian State is one of the most beautiful college stadiums in North Carolina! 


Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience?

I had the opportunity to throw the first pitch this year at aFayetteville Woodpeckers game! It was so much fun! However, my pitch needed much improvement! I would love to have that opportunity again someday! Also! You can never go wrong with a ballgame hotdog! 


---


A hot dog is definitely better at a ballgame! 

As always, I want to thank Carli for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

As Carli continues her time as Miss North Carolina, I encourage you to follow her title's Instagram and Facebook accounts. You should also check out the official Miss North Carolina website. They're great ways to keep track of everything she has going on! 

I also want to wish her the best of luck when she competes for the Miss America crown this winter. It would be fantastic to have another Section 36 visitor wear that crown!

Thanks again Carli, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week