Thursday, October 14, 2021

2021 Bowman Mega Box!

Another chance to open one of these fun boxes!  

As I've said before, I love the variety these boxes present. I don't like that I haven't heard of most of the players, but I guess you can't have everything. How did the box go?

Let's find out!



Here's the box. So colorful.


And here's the variety I spoke of. Regular packs (Are we really calling those "paper" now?) and Chrome packs. Can't beat that.


A nice card of a guy who I hope big things for in the coming weeks. I know Bowman is supposed to be about the rookies, but it's always nice to get a favorite vet. It's the standard Bowman style design where it looks like a geometry homework problem. But, it's not supposed to be about the design.


Speaking of rookies, here's one of them. Maybe. I sort of lost track of him after the Sox traded him to Philly. He was a pretty high draft choice, so maybe there's a future there with the Phillies.


Another vet who needs to produce for the rest of October.


Yeah, it's a Yankee. But, it's a fun colorful insert. Not sure I understand the seed for a "futurist" themed set, but it's definitely shiny!


OK. Now we're talking. Casas has been tearing up the minors, and seems destined for stardom in the major leagues. Glad he's shifted from third base to first base, according to the card. The Sox already have a third baseman. Of course, they also have an up and coming first baseman. Hmmm.

So there's the box. A couple Red Sox favorites, and a peek to the future. For a box without any hits, not bad at all.

How did your box go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week