Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Amber Barto Visits Section 36!

Genie Bunton Photo
Section 36 had another visitor! Amber Barto is passionate about community servic
e, involved with the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network , and the current Miss Arizona. I was so glad that she was willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. 

So, let's see what happens when Amber Barto visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Arizona crown?

Honestly, I celebrated first by eating some Raising Canes Chicken but then I actually just got straight to work on all the plans I wanted to initiate. 

 

What did you learn about yourself during the Miss Arizona competition that will help you at Miss America?

It just reminded me to enjoy every moment because it was so incredible being back on the stage after so long. Especially after the year we just went through with the pandemic, I want to make sure I enjoy every second of this experience and this mindset will help me really make the most of my time at Miss America. 

 

Is there a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss Arizona?

I would really like to pair up with our major in-state universities to provide potential scholarships to the women who compete in Miss Arizona as well as increase participation by at least 25%. In addition, I want to help kids all over the state find the community service projects they are passionate about. 


Jenn Cady Photo
How did you select your social impact initiative, “Leadership Through Service?
Community service is something that has been integrated in my life and I have personally seen the benefits of volunteerism. After losing my mentor to Pancreatic Cancer when I was 13, I wanted to give back to the cause that took her from us and this helped me develop a deep passion for community service. When competing for Miss Arizona, I knew the legacy I wanted to leave behind was a lasting ripple effect of individuals discovering their passion for a particular cause or volunteer project so therefore it only seemed right that this would be my social impact initiative.

 

You’re heavily involved with the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network. What can you tell me about the organization, and your involvement?

The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network is a Nationwide organization that is working to be the go to organization for Pancreatic Cancer. Not only does it raise millions of dollars each year, but it funds its own research grants, launches major awareness campaigns, and offers services to patients all over the world. I got involved when I was 14 years old and lost my mentor to Pancreatic Cancer. I started small by just sitting on the committees for the Phoenix Affiliate, but now I have spent the past few years serving as the Communications Director where I oversee all media and marketing outreach. I am very thankful for this community and am happy to have PanCan in my life. 

 

If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

It would absolutely be Cinderella. She has been my favorite princess from a young age and I truly think it would just be a dream to be her for a week.

 

What is your personal fitness routine?

We have a wonderful fitness sponsor in Arizona, Scott with Scott’s Training Systems, and I have been training with him since I was 14 years old. I go to him about 3-4 times a week and do cardio as well, and then add in hot yoga and dance throughout the week. 

 

If you had an extra ticket to see a Red Sox vs Diamondbacks baseball game, who would you take with you? Why?

My mom’s side of the family is from Boston so I have a lot of Red Sox fans in my circle. My uncle and I are the most into Boston sports and he is a huge Red Sox fan so I would probably take him with me.

 

Is there a feature or activity during a Diamondbacks game at Chase Field that you’d especially like to experience?

I have always dreamed of throwing the first pitch at a home game and this is something I am hoping to do once as Miss Arizona.


---


That would be quite the experience! 

As always, I want to thank Amber for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

As Amber continues her time as Miss Arizona, I encourage you to follow her title's Instagram and Facebook accounts. You should also check out the official Miss Arizona website. They're great ways to keep track of everything she has going on! 

 
I also want to wish her the best of luck when she competes for the Miss America crown this winter. It would be fantastic to have another Section 36 visitor wear that crown!

Thanks again Amber, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week