Thursday, February 18, 2021

1975 Topps Page by Page: Page 46 (406-414)

I'm sure that you all remember that I finally completed my 1975 Topps set.


Now that it's done I thought it would be fun to look through the set and talk about it. Going page by page seemed like a good way to go about it. Hopefully you find it interesting to read what I have to say.


How about we continue with page 46?





Red Sox Cards on the Page  

0. Still nothing.


Cards that make the 1975 Topps set cool 

The only "pinch runner" card ever made is absolutely cool


My favorite card on the page 

Thank goodness for the Washington. I guess the card of Mitterwald getting something out of his eye, or Wright trying to decide if he's pretending to throw or catch are fun. But, the Washington is the clear winner. The uniqueness of the card and player are top notch. Since the stands are empty, I assume it's a posed shot. So, bravo to Topps for picking a fake base running pic as opposed to any of the other poses available.


What would your answers to those last two categories be?


2 comments:

  1. Herb Washington easily for both. I saw 3 of the cards on this page as a kid (Robertson, Cuellar (sp) and Hands). Wasn't impressed with any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ironically, I just read an article that Herb Washington was suing McDonalds for discrimination. He owns a few franchises and feels the corporate isn't giving him the same opportunities as white franchise owners: https://people.com/food/retired-mlb-star-herb-washington-sues-mcdonalds-alleged-racist-policies/

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week