Wednesday, January 6, 2021

1975 Topps Page by Page: Page 40 (352-360)

I'm sure that you all remember that I finally completed my 1975 Topps set. 

Now that it's done I thought it would be fun to look through the set and talk about it. Going page by page seemed like a good way to go about it. Hopefully you find it interesting to read what I have to say.


How about we continue with page 40?




Red Sox Cards on the Page  

1. Rico Petrocelli ends the drought in a big way!


Cards that make the 1975 Topps set cool 

Cards from 1975 World Series participants are always cool. Cards of managers from their playing days are cool. Bumbry comes close, as a future coach. And, while it doesn't fit into a usual category...that George Scott card might be the coolest card in the set.


My favorite card on the page 

Once again, not a lot of card greatness on this page. It's pretty much saved by the Scott. Like Pedro Martinez turning the Red Sox into one of baseball's best rotations, that Scott card pulls the entire page up with it. 


What would your answers to those last two categories be?

2 comments:

  1. George Scott is the coolest card on the page without a doubt.

    My favorite is the Darold Knowles, believe it or not, because it's the first card I pulled out of the first pack I ever bought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. George Scott will always win the cool award. Rico for the fav though!

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week