Monday, January 25, 2021

1975 Topps Page by Page: Page 43 (379-387)

I'm sure that you all remember that I finally completed my 1975 Topps set.
 
Now that it's done I thought it would be fun to look through the set and talk about it. Going page by page seemed like a good way to go about it. Hopefully you find it interesting to read what I have to say.

How about we continue with page 43?


Red Sox Cards on the Page  

1. Bernie Carbo adds to the total in a big way.


Cards that make the 1975 Topps set cool 

Lots of coolness here. Team cards are cool. Cards of managers as players are cool, like Don Baylor. Checklist cards are cool. People who played in the 1975 World Series are cool. Not only did Bernie Carbo play, he hit maybe the most important home run on the series. After all, without him there is no Fisk. Very cool.


My favorite card on the page 

I'm going to go with Carbo for this one. Not only is he an important Red Sox from that year, but the picture is nice. That could actually be an action shot that still shows of the fun Red Sox uniforms from that era. A. nice card to have.


What would your answers to those last two categories be?


4 comments:

  1. I'll give LSD Ellis the award for cool, but Bernie is the favorite here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carbo is the favorite. That card was a favorite when I was kid.

    Ellis wins the coolness award. I liked that one as a kid, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool card: Bando w/border colors being the team colors.

    Favorite card: Bando. C'mon... I'm an A's fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, the team colored borders are a nice touch!

      Delete

What people are reading this week