Thursday, July 23, 2020

It's My Fantasy

That’s right. Once again, it’s time for your favorite post of the year. The one where I discuss the fantasy team I drafted for this year! I know. The only thing worse than tweeting about fantasy teams is blogging about them. And, I admit, I still feel a little weird carrying on like this is a regular season. But, I have an amazing visitor interview ready to go tomorrow, so no matter what I post today you’re going to forget about in less than 24 hours. So, might as well talk about my team.

Just as a reminder, this is a nine team 5x5 league, with 30 roster spots. So, it's a big league. You have three keepers, and they take the place of your draft pick in whatever round you originally drafted the player. (I love that detail.) I had the fourth pick in a wraparound draft. Got that?

So, who did I get?

C - J. Realmuto PHI
1B - J. Bell PIT
2B - T. Edman STL
3B - R. Devers BOS
SS - X. Bogaerts BOS
CI - H. Kendrick WAS
MI - J. Polanco MIA
OF - L. Robert CWS
OF - B. Reynolds PIT
OF - B. Harper PHI
OF - A. Benintendi BOS
U - A. Verdugo BOS
U - J. Bradley, Jr BOS
U - J. Peraza BOS
B - M. Chavis BOS
B - J. Berti MIA

SP - J. deGrom NYM
SP - C. Kershaw LAD
SP - S. Bieber CLE
RP - T. Rogers MIN
RP - N. Anderson TB
P - S. Lugo NYM
P - A. Nola PHI
P - M. Fried ATL
B - K. Ginkel ARI
B - T. Watson SF
B - R. Yarborough TB
B - S. Alcantara MIA
B - Drew Pomeranz SD
B - W. Smith ATL

My three keepers were Rafael Devers (round ten), Xander Bogaerts (round fourteen) and Aaron Nola (round sixteen). I love the idea of getting Devers with the eighty-seventh pick almost as much as I like getting Xander with the 123rd. I grabbed deGrom in the first round.

From there, I was able to grab plenty of Red Sox players. I am, however, mad at myself for basically forgetting about EdRo and Eovaldi. They went much later than I would have taken them...if I wasn't a dumbass. But, I did manage to get the entire Red Sox outfield...and infield. Actually didn't realize that until now. If they put Chavis at first and Peraza at second...I'll have the infield and outfield. Wow.


So, while I know you probably need to see the rest of my league to decide how my team will do, I welcome any comments on any of my selections. 


Think I got any good ones?

2 comments:

  1. Looks pretty decent here...except for the fact that Kershaw was put on the injured list earlier today. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week