Monday, July 27, 2020

2019 Topps Update Blaster!

You may remember that the Easter Bunny was good to me this year, bringing plenty of card packs for me to open. I thought I'd continue to share them with you because, well, even with the season underway there doesn't seem like theres other stuff I should write about.

We'll continue with the next box, the 2019 Topps Update!


Once again, bravo Easter Bunny for finding older wax to open. I'm sure you've all seen as much as you care to of this set by now. But, you can always skip over this. Right?

So...



It's the special additional pack! Nothing too exciting here. The design doesn't exactly inspire. Hardly worth the effort for them to create the card. 


A fancy gold stamped card!


I like how with his hand position, it looks like Trout is holding an actual circle of stars. Like he's in a prop filled photo booth.


The first Red Sox card! Love seeing Xander develop into the star he was supposed to be.


The 1984 Topps design is always fun. 1984 Topps was probably just a few years too early to be in my collecting wheelhouse. So, it was always fun to be able to add an "old card" to my collection when I could.


Always a treat to get a card of the greater pitcher to ever lace up cleats.

But, as the best card in the box? That's not exactly the goal.

How did your boxes go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week