Friday, June 28, 2019

Lauren Molella Visits Section 36!

Section 36 has a new visitor! Lauren Molella is a dancer, a superhero fan, and the recently crowned Miss New York. She’s also
a huge..well...Yankees fan. I was thrilled that she wanted to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more! Especially considering the Red Sox and Yankees face off this weekend in London! I enjoyed everything she had to say, and I’m sure you will too. 


So let’s see what happens when Lauren Molella visits Section 36!


How did you celebrate winning the Miss New York crown?
My celebration was jumping right into fulfilling the job of Miss New York 2019. After my crowning I went straight to a dinner celebration to meet with sponsors, donors, and community officials that support women empowerment and the Miss New York Organization.  


What did you learn about yourself at the Miss New York competition that will help you at Miss America?
During every competition I have learned more about what I can handle and have gained more confidence in myself and in my strengths. During the week of Miss New York however, my sister titleholders taught me some important lessons about true friendships, what it means to inspire others, and most importantly how important it is for women to stand side by side and embrace our differences to build a better future. 


Is there a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss New York?
I have many goals for the year to come and hope to accomplish all
of them. Some of the overarching themes that I hope to see in my legacy next summer is growth in the organization and its mission, along with forward progress on behalf of our military members through legislation. 


How did you select your social impact initiative “Voices of Honor - Salute and Support our Military”?
Selecting my initiative for change began as a young girl but was
solidified during my time working with wounded soldiers in undergraduate schooling. Our collective Voices of Honor are so important and make a difference in the lives of our brave women and men as we Salute and Support all of our military heroes. I intend to spend the year working to implement suicide prevention statewide, address communities where risk factors such as PTSD are rampant, highlight our military women, and utilize social media and appearances to bring the people of New York to the forefront of helping our heroes. 


As an amazing dancer, what is your favorite part about performing on stage?
My favorite part of performing on stage is embracing my passion for the art and watching the faces of my audience be transported in the emotions and experience conveyed through both ballet, the music, and me. 


If you could be any superhero for a week, which one would you choose?
I am very into superheroes and choosing just one is challenging. As
a scuba diver and a big Aquaman fan I would have to pick Mera. Having the ability to explore the sea floor at will and rock her incredibly cool water powers would be a dream come true! 


As a big Yankees fan, which Red Sox player scares you the most (Yes, you have to pick one)? Why?
Currently I am most afraid of Mookie Betts for no other reason that he is a great player and could lead the Red Sox to presenting a challenge for the Yankees this year!


What is your favorite Aaron Judge memory?
Aaron Judge stands out in my memory for many fabulous game plays but one on my favorite memories of him at a Yankees player is off the field. I witnessed a moment where he stopped his day and task to sign an autograph and talk to a young fan, its moments like this that show character and truly make baseball an American staple. 


Will the Yankees be able to hold off the Sox (and Rays) and win the division this season?
Absolutely, and you can bet that Miss New York will be yelling the loudest for them all season!

---

I guess we'll just have to see about that!

As always, I want to give huge thanks to Lauren for doing this interview, and for providing the pictures to go along with it. They're all fantastic.

As Lauren continues her time as Miss New York, I encourage you to follow her on the official Miss New York social media accounts: FacebookTwitterInstagram, and Snapchat

I also absolutely want to wish Lauren luck this fall as she competes for the Miss America crown! Once again there will be several Section 36 visitors gracing the stage. It would be incredible to have her take home the title! 

Thanks again Lauren, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week