Friday, October 23, 2015

Happy Birthday to the #BYBHub

What an accomplishment.

You may remember it was just over a year ago that Robert Casey approached me with an idea. He was going to create a master list, a Hub if you will, of baseball blogs. It would be a place that would serve several purposes. For readers, it would allow people who love baseball to head to a single place to find a ton of quality baseball writing from several different viewpoints. Sure, the “Y” in “BYB” stands for exactly what you think (or fear?) it does. But, there would bloggers on the Hub covering other teams as well. It would make it easy to see those other points of view. For bloggers, it would give some lesser known or less established bloggers the exposure they need to have their voices heard. It would also be a ton of fun for everyone. 

He was right. 

Oh sure. At first, as I mentioned, I was a tad bit apprehensive when a Yankees blog approached me about a project. Was I going to be the butt of their jokes? Was I going to have to plaster pinstripes all over Section 36? Of course neither of those were the case. After all, not all Yankees fans are dingbats. And, even if the audience of the BYBHub slants slightly to the Bronx, I’m happy to provide the voice of reason. Tomorrow the Hub reaches its first birthday, and I’m pleased to report that I’m glad I joined. In fact, I regret not being even more involved.

That is definitely something that will be improved going forward, especially on my end. I need to (and intend to) use the BYBHub as more of a resource myself. If the Red Sox have a story that involves a team covered by the Hub, I need to do a better job reaching out. If the Sox trade for Sonny Gray, of course I’ll need to get some comments from Jen at “Bullpen, Baseball, and Sock Talk.” When the Red Sox sweep the Yankees in a series, I’ll be sure to get some reactions from some of the Yankees BYBHub bloggers, and at least provide links to what they have to say. 

There’s also been talk about some Hub-wide events. Chances to have all the blogs discuss the same topics at once. Being able to easily see different viewpoints on the same subject will be a great opportunity for readers to expand their thoughts, and the BYBHub will provide that central location. A must-visit launching pad for basebally goodness.

So if you haven’t done so already, go over and click the BYBHub logo on the sidebar. It’s a great way to find other wonderful things to read at any time. (Once you’ve finished reading everything at Section 36, of course!) Keep doing it. There’s always something new. You’re not going to want to miss any of it. If you’re a baseball blogger, head over to the BYBHub to find out how to get your blog added to the roster. The more the merrier and the better for everyone!


Happy Birthday BYBHub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week