Thursday, June 29, 2023

2023 Topps Heritage Blaster!

I have a love hate relationship with the Heritage brand. On one side, I like the classic designs. I keep saying that some of my favorite insert sets from the last few years are the throwback designs...even the 1987s. I just wish Topps would stop using the Heritage designs in other sets. It’s not so bad with the 74 design. But others have already shown up as inserts or on Archives so much it’s no longer special. How hard would it be to have Heritage plod along in the seventies...Archives can be one set from the 90s, 00s, 10s, and the insert sets from the 50s, 60s, and 80s. Heck, they can all be the threes. So, 74 for Heritage. Archives can have 94, 04, and 14, while you can have inserts sets from 54, 64, and 84. That way each design is only used every ten years. That could work.


But, I digress. How about this box of Heritage showing the 1974 design? Let's see how it went.


Here’s the box!


And the packs with the retro design. 


Maybe not the best start to a box ever. Not sure what happed with Kluber. He was a .500 pitcher in Tampa last season. Why was he a hot mess in Boston?


At least this is a rookie card. 


A very underrated member of the Sox, for sure. 


This card is just mean. If I want Devers, I’m forced to have Machado?


Speaking of Devers, I wonder what he’s thinking here. 

And there you have it. A couple stars, a rookie, and some meh. 

How did your box go?




No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week