Thursday, October 1, 2020

2020 Topps Allen & Ginter Blaster!

It's time to open another blaster! Well, actually, it's time to tell you about another blaster I already opened! This time we'll go with 2020 Topps Allen & Ginter. These packs are always fun because they offer a lot of variety. How'd I do? Let's see!

Here are the highlights...


You know, this here is the box.


And the box has eight packs, that all look the same.


Right away, some of that variety I spoke of. It's not in every blaster that you can get a card of "The Swamp". I don't know if that's a bad thing.


More variety. This time a shot of a building. Eh.


Ooh, a rock! Not even "The Rock". Just, a rock. 


A former Red Sox! I can't decide how I feel when Topps puts old players with obscure teams. On the one hand, Rays fans might like to get another card of Boggs in their uniform. On the other hand...are there Rays fans? Sometimes it seems like Topps is showing off..."We know Boggs used to be a Ray and Sandberg used to be on the Phillies. Did you?"


A mini of a colossal. That's funny right there.


Another former Red Sox! This time pictured with a much more standard team.

And, that's it. No actual Red Sox. Weirdly, all the base cards I got were of real-life baseball players. That's not supposed to happen. So, no fun and no Red Sox. 

Not sure if it could have gone worse.

How did yours go?

2 comments:

  1. I could use that squid if you want to part with it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unless Topps includes a blaster of this stuff in their Future Stars Club... I doubt I'll open any of this stuff this year. But I will keep my eye out for cheap relics and some of the players I PC.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week