Thursday, October 15, 2020

2020 Leaf Charlie Hustle

 I had no idea what this product was when I saw it on the Target shelves. But, it looked interesting so I thought I'd give it a try.


Here's the box. Pretty straight forward. A ten-card set, and an autograph. I didn't have a Pete Rose autograph, and figured I really should.


This is what came out of the box. No suspense. A plastic case holding 11 cards, and the autograph right there on the top.


Here are the ten cards in the set.  Not exactly inspiring. Clearly just something to make the autograph a meatier purchase. Slightly meatier.

Overall, this box cost me $30 and I overpaid. Looking online, the autographs go for about half that. But, I've spent $40 on a pair of blasters and gotten far less. So, I guess I can't be too upset.

But I wouldn't do it again.

3 comments:

  1. Nice affordable way to add the Hit King's signature to your collection. I remember Leaf did a different Rose product a few years ago that was very similar. I bought a few boxes for the same exact reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. That's why I pulled the trigger as well. Although, looks like the autos are going for less than the price of the box on the bay.

      Delete
    2. If you wait awhile (probably Black Friday), online shops like Blowout and DA will put them on their clearance shelves. I was able to pick up my boxes for $10 each. As a guy who like Pete, I also will just buy PSA/DNA slabbed autographed cards, but you can expect to pay a little more. I usually spend $15 to $25, but it's still not that bad considering he's the Hit King.

      Delete

What people are reading this week