Tuesday, August 18, 2020

2019 Bowman Blaster!

You may remember that the Easter Bunny was good to me this year, bringing plenty of card packs for me to open. I thought I'd continue to share them with you because, well, I just can't seem to collect enough energy to write about this season.

We'll continue with the next box, the 2019 Bowman!

Once again, excited the Easter Bunny was able to find older wax to open. I'm sure you've all seen plenty of this set by now. But, you can always skip over this. Right?

So...


See? I was telling the truth. It's 2019 Bowman.


First pack, and a big ouchie. One advantage of the shortened fake season is that it hurts a little less not having Mookie out there.


This would have been a good pull last year. And, it's still a pretty great pull this year. I just traded for Alonso in my fantasy team, so hopefully he gets himself back on track soon.


It's not a Red Sox card, or a guy on my fantasy team. But, I like this design. I think the '89 Bowman retro look works well as an insert set. As an entire set, looking through all the cards without identification on the front was really annoying. But, as a small chromed set, it looks really clean and sharp. I think.

Overall, nothing too exciting. But, a Betts and Alonso are a good start.

1 comment:

  1. Great Betts! He seems to be getting more love in the hobby from LA fans most likely.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week