Monday, March 16, 2020

A Fuji Holiday

A couple months ago now, Fuji wrote a post saying he was looking to complete the relic set from 2019 Topps Holiday. I can't say that I blame him. The Topps Holiday brand has turned into a fun set, and the relic design certainly expanded on that. So, while I didn't buy a ton of that product, I checked out his wantlist.

Luckily, not only did I have a card he needed, but it was a Yankees card! I always welcome the chance to get Yankees cards as far as possible from me. Fuji offered a card in exchange, and we were ready. 

Unfortunately, upon double checking, Fuji realized that he didn't actually need the card I have. Being a stand-up guy, though, he offered to send along the card he promised me anyway. Which card was it? I'm glad you asked.


See? I told you they were fun. I especially like how the game used piece is from a red jersey. Not only is it slightly rarer for the Sox to wear those jerseys, but it definitely fits the Holiday theme better. It's like a giant holly berry. (Come to think of it, with Pedroia doing nothing lately other than collect his albatross mistake of a contract, I wonder when he last wore a red jersey.)

I plan on sending Fuji back a return package anyway. Hopefully that won't violate his recent reduction in trade package mailings. After all, this would just even things up, right?

Thanks for the card Fuji!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome card, and you're lucky to receive it as he has more than a couple Sox fans on his 'hit list'. 

    I don't blame Pedey for that albatross contract. I blame Manny Machado for crippling him. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I do enjoy looking at singles from this set. Makes it feel like it's still the holiday season ;)

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week