Tuesday, March 3, 2020

1975 Topps Page by Page: Page 13 (109-117)

I'm sure that you all remember that I finally completed my 1975 Topps set. 


Now that it's done I thought it would be fun to look through the set and talk about it. Going page by page seemed like a good way to go about it. Hopefully you find it interesting to read what I have to say.


How about we continue with page 13?



Red Sox Cards on the Page:  0. Back to the shutout.



Cards that make the 1975 Topps set cool: Sort of a combo card in this case. A team card, featuring a young Hall of Famer. Of course, in this case it's Hall of Famer Earl Weaver. He'd go on to lead the Orioles for another decade after this card came out.


My favorite card on the page: I wonder how Topps decided to go with a true action shot as opposed to their posed or posed action versions? Did they only have so many true action shots, uses them and fill the others with the poses? Whatever the reason, you have to love the Joe Ferguson card. It's about as action packed as any card could be.


What would your answers to those last two categories be?

1 comment:

  1. Ferguson is definitely my favorite, but Garrett is right behind.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week