Monday, January 28, 2019

Was Edgar Martinez Any Good?

With the recent Baseball Hall of Fame, elections, I started to wonder how the new inductees performed while I was is the park. I've already talked about Mariano Rivera. So, I was wondering about Edgar Martinez. I knew I had seen Martinez at least a few times later in his career. I wondered how he performed in games I attended. There’s only one way to find out. To the scorebooks!



I was slightly surprised that there were only four games. I know that it's not like he played on an AL East team, but for some reason I expected more.

How did he do?

Pretty good actually. While I didn't see him hit a home run, he certainly got plenty of hits. A .429 batting average is nothing to sneer at. Since his power numbers weren't what they might have been, his OPS isn't exactly legendary but really good. 

Overall, I'd say that I got to see the "real" Edgar Martinez. This is exactly who he was. A really good hitter. 

It's always nice when that happens.

How did Edgar Martinez perform when you were in the Park?

1 comment:

  1. I don't remember any specific games, but I always thought of him as a really good hitter.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week