Friday, January 18, 2019

Megan Soucy Visits Section 36!

Section 36 has another visitor! Megan Soucy is a dancer, a Red Sox fan, and the current Miss Gate City I'm so glad she was willing to
visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. I'm sure you'll love reading what she had to say!

So, let’s see what happens when Megan Soucy visits Section 36!


How did you celebrate winning the Miss Gate City crown?

Right after winning the Miss Gate City crown, I remember all of my new sister title holders coming on stage to hug me and were so excited for me! Miss Gate City is my first title in the program so my family and I were so incredibly excited! I actually had to drive back to school that night due to rehearsals I had the next day, so instead of celebrating with my family, I got back and my roommates and I spent some time together and went out to eat.


Is there a specific goal you'd like to accomplish during your time as Miss Gate City?
During my time as Miss Gate City I just hope to stay confident and focused throughout my year. As I mentioned, this is my first title so everything is very new to me and going to Miss New Hampshire is a new amazing experience. 

What did you learn about yourself at the Miss Gate City competition that will help you at Miss NH in the spring?
During the competition, I learned that it’s better to enjoy the day and have fun rather than worrying about the next phase of competition. At the beginning of the day I was able to relax and tell myself that whatever happens is what is meant to be, and I made sure I was 100% myself throughout the day. 

How did you select your platform, “Dancing for a Change”?
Dancing has been a love of mine for the past 13 years, so when
choosing my platform I knew I wanted to incorporate the art somehow. I also have had numerous experiences dancing at benefit shows to help raise funds for various causes, so I knew I could combine the two and be able to help in a way that was also entertaining to an audience. 

As a talented dancer, what is your favorite part about performing on stage?
My favorite part about performing on stage is being able to tell a story. Whether the piece is an emotional contemporary dance, or an energetic musical theater number, there is always a story to tell. Getting to portray a character and put myself in a completely different mindset is truly magical to me. 

Of your many dancing performances, do you have a favorite that stands out in your mind?
It’s definitely hard to pick a favorite, but if I had to choose I would say Project Green. Project Green is a show at my college that is student run, and helps to raise awareness for mental health. I love this show because you can tell that the choreographers pour out their hearts into their pieces and their dancers portray the message beautifully. I’ve been grateful to me in this show the past two years and hope to be chosen again in the future.

Who's your favorite current Red Sox player? Why?
I would have to say Mookie Betts! I think he has so much talent and since he is still young and it’s early in his career that there’s nowhere to go for him but up!

Is there a feature or activity at Fenway Park that you'd especially like to experience?
I would love to go to a concert that’s at Fenway Park! I feel like it would be a completely different atmosphere after being transformed into stage rather than a ball field. 

What were you doing when the Red Sox won the 2018 World Series?
When the Red Sox won the World Series this year, I unfortunately wasn’t able to watch due to a rehearsal I had. I remember during rehearsal, someone went to check their phone and saw that the Red Sox had won and we all got so excited!

---
Hate that she couldn't watch the game, but love the dedication to follow along during rehearsal!

As always, I want to give huge thanks to Megan for doing this interview. I also appreciate her providing the fantastic pictures to accompany it. They're really perfect! I also want to wish her the best of luck as she competes for the Miss New Hampshire crown this spring. It would be so much fun to have another former visitor take home that crown.

As Megan continues her time as Miss Gate City, I encourage you to follow her on her official Miss Gate City Facebook. It’ll definitely be worth your time! 


Thanks again Megan, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week