Friday, November 2, 2018

Jayden Moffa Visits Section 36!

Section 36 has another visitor! Jayden Moffa is a singer, a baseball fan, and (for another week or so) the current Miss Laurel
Photo by Michelle Fisher Photography
Summit. I’m thrilled she was 
interested in visiting with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. I’m sure you’ll love reading everything she had to say!

So, let’s see what happens when Jayden Moffa visits Section 36!


How did you celebrate winning the Miss Laurel Summit title?

Lucky for me that the venue I won at was very close to home. (I'm talking like 7 minute trip MAX!) So I was able to go home and relax and really enjoy the evening. The next day I celebrated with one of my favorite desserts, double chocolate cake! 

What was most surprising about your time with the Miss Laurel Summit crown?
When I took on the job this year, I knew I really wanted to go big or go home. I got involved with a statewide program here in Pennsylvania called BrainSTEPS (Strategies Teaching Educators, Parents, and Students) I started a college speaking tour with this group and I was grateful that I did. During my reign I spoke at over dozens of high schools and colleges about the importance of concussion awareness. What really took me by surprise was how many students and adults opened up to me about their personal stories and issues with traumatic brain injuries. I was left speechless and sometimes in tears because of others similar stories, but I was also humbled by the fact that I was able to listen to them and guide them to help. 

What was you favorite thing that happened to you while wearing the Miss Laurel Summit crown?
I truly can not count how many appearances I made during my
reign because I think it was at a record high! One of my favorite memories while wearing the Miss Laurel Summit Crown would have to be at my 3rd Annual Children's Miracle Network Golf Outing. While raising over $6,000 for CMN I was able to enjoy the day golfing (One of my favorite hobbies) all while in a sash and crown! It truly was a great day. Oh and I also got to meet Miss America 2018 Cara Mund! She signed my sash!

How did you select your platform, Concussion Awareness through BrainSteps?
Choosing my platform to be Concussion Awareness Through BrainSteps was pretty set in stone because of the traumatic brain injuries that I suffered through. My first concussion went undiagnosed for over 14 months and I now suffer with a learning disability as well as a loss of depth perception in my right eye. I struggled tremendously in high school and going into college. It was only fitting that I used my struggles to now be my voice and platform. 

As a talented singer, what types of songs are your favorite to sing on stage?
I truly love anything big and showy. I tend to take on songs that are sassy and show lots of personality. I am always down for channeling my inner Celine Dion, or Whitney Huston. 

What is your personal fitness routine?
As a lover of all things sweet, my personal fitness routine has to
dominate all of that. My boyfriend is a State Trooper, so he usually ends up putting me through a pretty hefty workout. I am at the gym 6 days a week with a pretty set plan. Monday: Back and Biceps. Tuesday: Chest and Triceps. Wednesday: Legs. Thursday: Shoulders. Friday: Arms. Saturday/Sunday: Free Workout. I have learned to really love lifting because I feel very empowered. When the weather is nice I am all about going for a hike at Laurel Summit State Park, which just happens to be my title! 

Who is your favorite current Red Sox player? Why?
Mookie Betts!! He is extremely active off the field with multiple charities which is an amazing quality for a MLB player. I have Mookie to win the AL MVP award this year. I think he is one of the best all around players in baseball right now, great defense and great hitter! 

As a Pirates fan, you've been able to watch many games at PNC Park. What is your favorite feature of that ballpark?
PNC Park is known for having a beautiful view of the city skyline. This is one of my favorite features of the ballpark! There are also some pretty great places to eat, in and around PNC! 

Would you ever want to see the Pirates play the Red Sox at Fenway Park?
I think a trip to Fenway Park could surely be in my future travels.. but I would be cheering "Lets Go Bucs!"

---


If she makes the trip, I'm sure she'll have an amazing time!

As always, I want to give huge thanks to Jayden for doing this interview. I also want to thank her for providing so many amazing pictures to accompany the interview. They really add something extra to the post.

As Jayden wraps up her time as Miss Laurel Summit, I encourage you to follow her on her official Miss Laurel Summit Facebook page and Instagram. It’ll be worth your time! And, since she'll be turning over her crown so soon, you should also follow her personal Instagram to make sure you don't miss a thing.

Thanks again Jayden!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week