Friday, November 16, 2018

Emily Luther Visits Section 36!

Section 36 has another visitor! Emily Luther is a talented singer and a Red Sox fan. You probably remember her from her
appearances on the Ellen show, and The Voice. So, I'm thrilled that she was willing to take the time to visit with us. I’m sure you’ll love reading everything she had to say!

So, let’s see what happens when Emily Luther visits Section 36!

How would you describe your musical style?

I’m considered a Pop artist, but that’s never really resonated with me. I consider myself in the Adult Contemporary genre.

Your career got a boost when your video (with Charlie Puth) covering Adele’s “Someone Like You” went viral. How did that video come to be?
What an exciting time in my life! Feels like a lifetime ago, but I approached Charlie my sophomore year of college, and we had it completed within two days. He posted it on his page at the time, and we woke up the next morning with over a million views. It’s sad that things didn’t work out the way I wanted them to, but life had different plans.

That video led to an appearance on the Ellen show. What was that appearance like?
It was surreal. Ellen and her team were searching for my home phone number to get in contact with me & ended up with my Dad’s number. He called me during a band rehearsal I was in at Berklee, and left a voicemail saying, “Ellen Degeneres just called. Can you call me back?” My Dad was so calm, and I was freaking out.

You have also appeared on NBC’s “The Voice”. What did you learn from that experience?
From the setbacks I had in the industry, I never imagined another opportunity would come up ever again. To have the honor of even auditioning was so exciting. The entire experience made me realize the importance of being yourself & staying true to the artist you are.

What is your favorite thing about performing?
Allison and Emily
Meeting people from all over. I even have a fan from California that flies into my shows, and things like that mean the world to me. Making that connection through music is so powerful.

You represented your home state as Miss Rhode Island’s Outstanding Teen 2009. What made you try for that title?
I was encouraged by a few close friends at the time. I didn’t know a thing about pageants, so I thought I’d give it a shot. I respect the Miss America’s Outstanding Teen organization so much. It’s a great way to earn scholarship money, build confidence & the volunteer work that goes with it makes these young women very well-rounded.

Who is your favorite current Red Sox player? Why?
My grandmother is the biggest Red Sox fan ever! She tells me who to look out for each season. Right now, I’m loving a good #AirBenny moment. Did you see that catch?!

Is there a feature or activity at Fenway Park that you'd like to experience?
Every year that goes by, I keep saying I want my 88 year old grandmother to meet the team & watch a game at Fenway. She talks about it all the time, and I keep saying each year it’s gonna happen…maybe now that its in writing, I’ll get on that ;). 

What is your favorite Red Sox memory?
Winning the World Series in 2004. Our entire family had been waiting on that moment for so long. I think secretly everyone (Red Sox fan or not) was hoping for a win. They deserved it!

-----

I hope she's able to get to that game!

As always, I want to thank Emily for visiting with us. It was great hearing everything she had to say!

As a way to follow along with Emily's music career, I suggest you follow her on both Instagram and Twitter and like her Facebook page! That way you won't miss any of her upcoming shows and appearances. Trust me, you'll be glad you did.

Thanks again for the visit Emily!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week