Friday, May 18, 2018

Sabrina Ponte Visits Section 36!

Photo by Justin Hammond Photo
Section 36 has another visitor! Sabrina Ponte is a singer, a Red Sox fan, and the current Miss Cranberry Country! I've always regretted not getting in touch with her much earlier, so I was thrilled when she agreed to visit and discuss those topics, and a few more.

So, let’s see what happens when Sabrina Ponte visits Section 36!


What made you decide to compete in the Miss Cranberry Country pageant?

I have a passion for the Miss America Organization, what it stands for and how it encourages me to be the best version of myself. I wanted to be able to promote my platform "Fit and Full: Promoting a Healthy Lifestyle" as well as have the opportunity to compete for Miss MA. With charity events I always found myself driving to the south shore so I found the job of Miss Cranberry Country to be very doable.
Massachusetts is known for its cranberry bogs, especially down the Cape where I have spent a good amount of my summers so having the title of Miss Cranberry Country sounded like a great representation of Massachusetts that I personally could connect to and be proud to represent.


How did you celebrate winning the Miss Cranberry Country crown?
The night off with my incredibly supportive family!

As an amazing singer, what is your favorite part about performing your talent on stage?
(Thank you) haha and there are so many things that just light a fire inside of me when it comes to performing but my favorite part about performing my talent on stage would have to be how it makes other people feel. For Miss Cranberry Country and for Miss Massachusetts I have and will sing Whitney Houston's "I Have Nothing" which is quite a powerful song, so knowing that it can make people feel something
and hearing their reaction is not just my favorite part of performing my talent but probably the best feeling in the world to me.

How did you select your platform?
My platform’s intention is to educate young adults how to be the healthiest and to love themselves for it.  Approximately ninety one percent of American children have poor diets, in addition, more than eighty percent of children and young adults do not meet the guidelines for daily physical activity. It is crucial to teach a healthy lifestyle at an early age to bridge the gap when there is a lack of education on nutrition and fitness.

You spent some time as a Bruins Ice Girl. What was that experience like?
It was an amazing experience and if the Bruins still had the program I would still be a part of it! It was extremely rewarding getting to work with the Boston Bruins Foundation, I was able to travel to cities across New England and set up fitness events for children to engage in, especially with hockey. I was also able to work the Bruins games and engage with fans doing activities like 8-spoke Salute, fan of the game, and Patrice's Pals.

You appeared on NESN as part of Dirty Water TV. What challenges did that present?
I had a great experience hosting and interviewing on NESN's Dirty
Water TV, I was the youngest host so it was a lot of putting myself in new situations and needing to challenge myself.

Which of the four young B’s (Betts, Bogaerts, Bradley, and Benintendi) are you most excited about?
Benintendi

Is there a feature or activity at Fenway park that you’d especially like to experience?
I would love and be honored to one day sing the national anthem at Fenway Park

How do you think the Red Sox will finish the 2018 season?
World Series!

----

That sounds good to me!

As usual, I want to thank Sabrina for visiting. I was glad we were finally able to make it happen. I also want to thank her for sending along the pictures that accompany the interview. They always make for a better post!


As Sabrina continues her time as Miss Cranberry Country, I encourage you to check out the official Miss Massachusetts website as a great way to keep tabs on what's going on.

Also, you should take the opportunity to make a donation to Sabrina's personal Children's Miracle Network donation page! Every little bit helps, and I know she'd appreciate your efforts!

And, of course, I want to wish Sabrina luck next month when she competes for the Miss Massachusetts crown. There will be several Section 36 visitors on stage with her, and it would be amazing to have another one take home the crown!

Thanks again Sabrina, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week