Thursday, March 29, 2018

Opening Day Lineup!

Today is Baseball Opening Day! And, you know what that means…

It’s the start of Fantasy Baseball!

I realized that I haven’t shared with you the results of my draft, held on Tuesday. So, for those of you waiting for it, you’ll find it below! Just as a reminder, this is a ten team 5x5 league, with 27 roster spots. You have three keepers, and they take the place of your draft pick in whatever round you originally drafted the player. (I love that detail.) I had the seventh pick in a wraparound draft, so technically I got Mike Trout with that pick. My other keepers ere Bogaerts in the fourteenth round, and Nola in the sixteenth. Got that?

C Vazquez – Red Sox
1B Santana – Phillies
2B Baez – Cubs
3B Bregman – Astros
SS Bogaerts – Red Sox
CI Devers – Red Sox
MI Villar – Brewers
OF Trout – Angels
OF Pham – Cardinals
OF Inciarte – Braves
OF Eaton – Nationals
U Carpenter – Cardinals
U Anderson – White Sox
U Arcia – Brewers
Bench Bradley, Jr – Red Sox

SP Ray – Diamondbacks
SP Castillo – Reds
SP Arrieta – Phillies
RP Kimbrel – Red Sox
RP Rivero – Pirates
P Hand – Padres
P Iglesias – Reds
P Miller – Indians
Bench Nola – Phillies
Bench Parker – Angels
Bench Pomeranz – Red Sox
Bench Kuhl – Pirates

I didn't get as many Red Sox players as I usually do. But, I think lots of that is because most of the Sox were good enough to be kept by other teams. Betts, Benintendi, Sale, and Price never saw the light of day. I was able to add Kimbrel after deciding not to "keep" him. I also picked up Devers, probably too early. Bradley, Vazquez, and Pomeranz were three of my last four picks. So, I showed a lot more restraint than I often do.

According to projections from the league, I should finish second thanks to an elite pitching staff. (Another oddity. I sometimes don't even draft a closer. This year, not only did I draft Kimbrel in the second round, but I drafter so many closers that I can't even play them all at once.)

Can't see how the season plays out!

1 comment:

What people are reading this week