Friday, March 2, 2018

Marisa Moorhouse Visits Section 36!

Section 36 has another visitor! Marisa Moorhouse is a wonderful dancer, a Red Sox fan, and the current Miss Manchester. Since this
will be her first time competing on the Miss New Hampshire stage, I hoped she would visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. Thankfully she agreedHope you enjoy what she had to say!

So, let’s see what happens when Marisa Moorhouse visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Manchester Crown?When I won the title of Miss Manchester 2018, I was so excited to compete at Miss New Hampshire for the first time!  I celebrated by eating my favorite food, chicken tenders, from Goldenrod Restaurant where I work.  

What has surprised you the most about your time as Miss Manchester?
I was crowned in early August and the most surprising thing about being Miss Manchester is how many people recognize me!  I attend Manchester Memorial High School and my first day back to school all of my teachers knew about my title and customers at work always ask if I am Miss Manchester because they saw me in a parade or on social media.  

After competing in the Teen program, the upcoming Miss competition will be your first time on the Miss New Hampshire stage. What aspect of that competition are you most nervous about?
I had previously competed in the Outstanding Teen program for a year and now I am a Miss contestant, I am most nervous for swimsuit.  It is a big change from doing fitness as a teen!

Your competition talent is lyrical dance. What is your favorite part about dancing on stage?
As a lyrical dancer, there is always a story behind every piece that is performed.  My favorite part about performing onstage is that I am able to convey either a story,  explain an obstacle in my life, or show a different side of me to the judges.   

How did you select your platform, “Moving the World One Dance at a Time”?
My platform: “Moving the World One Dance at a Time” derives from a not-for-profit organization that I created called “Art In Motion.”  Art In Motion is a free dance class that I teach for elementary school children who cannot afford dance or have dreams of dancing on a big stage!  We get together once a week to put together a showcase for their school to see, it is an amazing experience and the kids absolutely adore dancing together. 

I noticed you recently dressed up as Elsa for an appearance at an ice castle. Which Disney character would you most want to be in real life?
Dressing up as Elsa at the New Hampshire Ice Castles was so much fun but I would have to say that my favorite Disney character is Alice from Alice in Wonderland.  I would love to be Alice in real life because she is always looking for a new adventure and loves meeting new friends along the way.  We are both imaginative, curious, and very clumsy!

Who is your favorite current Red Sox player? Why?
My favorite current Red Sox player is Andrew Benintendi, or Benny Biceps.  He is a consistent and productive hitter and has great defense, especially for being a rookie. 

If you can’t sit is Section 36, where do/would you like to sit to watch a Red Sox game?
If I cannot sit in Section 36, you will find me sitting in the Green Monster!  It is a perfect target for right handed batters so maybe I could catch a ball. 

What are you most looking forward to about the upcoming 2018 Red Sox season?

I am looking forward to seeing how Alex Cora, the Red Sox’s new manager, will do as it will be his first season with the team. 

----

I'm looking forward to that too!

As usual, I want to thank Marisa for visiting with us. These interviews are always so much fun. I also want to thank her for sending along the pictures to go along with the interview. They went so well with the answers. 

As Marisa continues her time as Miss Manchester, I encourage you to follow her on the official Facebook page. 

And, of course, I want to wish Marisa luck this summer when she competes for the Miss New Hampshire crown. There will be quite a collection of Section 36 visitors joining her on stage. Could she come out on top on her first try?

Thanks again Marisa, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week