Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Am I Goal Oriented?

As the year winds down, it’s a popular time to look back and reflect. I know what you’re thinking. “Didn’t he just do this?” And, you’d be right. But, this is slightly different. Plus, the Red Sox are stone quiet at the moment, so here it is.

Looking back to the beginning of 2014, I posted some goals for the year. (Or were they resolutions? I’m not sure it was ever clear.) How did I do with those goals? Will I have similar goals for 2015? Let’s see.

I’m sure you’re just dying to find out!

First, I wanted to make a big dent in the remaining cards for my 1975 Topps set. Yeah, that didn’t happen. I only added one bundle of cards to this set in 2014. But, 2015 is the 40th anniversary of this classic set. That should give me enough motivation to finally get it finished off, right? After all, there’s nothing too crazy left. Just need to get my act together.

I wanted to finish up my 2013 wantlist. I didn’t actually expect to be able to finish that one, but I wanted to make a good run at it. I managed to accomplish that to some degree. The problem? I’m so far behind on the 2014 wantlist, that it isn’t even posted yet. This is a problem that needs to be fixed. I resolve to have the 2015 wantlist posted before the end of 2015!

I wanted to make more trades. This didn’t really get off the ground as much as I’d hoped. Sure, I made some deals. But, it wasn’t even once a month. It certainly wasn’t to the point where I had packaged stacked upon each other waiting to go out. I do have some currently in the works, so maybe 2015 will start out with a bang, and continue that way.

I wanted more people to like me. On Facebook, that is. At the time, 233 people “liked” the Section 36 Facebook page. At the moment, that number stands at 321. I would consider a 40% increase a resounding success. I’d love to do that again in 2015. Facebook keeps telling me that I’m close to 500 “likes.” Wouldn’t it be great to reach that number this year? Don’t “like” Section 36 yet? Take a moment to do it right now. Bring your friends.

I was hoping more people would follow my lead. On Twitter. At the time, I was at almost 950 followers. I was able to bump that up over 1000, but it’s certainly not the kind of increase the Facebook page saw. It would be great if I were able to double that number in 2015. So, if you don’t follow Section 36, go do it now.

Those were the ones from last year. A mixed bag, as far as results go. I want to add one that I’m surprised wasn’t on the list last year. I want to comment more on other blogs. Real comments. When people ask questions, I want to answer them. I don’t want to set myself up for failure with a “one comment a day” type goal. But, I don’t want to let good opportunities pass by. I know I like it when people comment on my posts. I should certainly be extending that good feeling to others.

Those are really all just a means to an end. Hopefully all of that will be mixed with a high quantity of quality posts on my part to make the Section 36 experience a positive one for as many people as possible.


Which is really the only goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week