Saturday, May 5, 2012

TTM Response

My TTM request to Red Sox ace Jon Lester came back recently. I’m on the fence at the moment as to whether it was a success. Here’s what I got back.


I mentioned when I first got one of these responses back from a Sox player that I hoped it wasn’t becoming the standard response. This now makes Tim Wakefield, Dustin Pedroia, Jonathan Papelbon and Jon Lester that have responded in this matter. It’s nice to get anything back, but it’s still a little cold.

I assume the signature is not real. I was fairly certain the others weren’t, so I have assumed this one isn’t as well. Frankly, the sig on the picture and the letter are a bit too identical. It’s a nice card, though, featuring a picture from the end of Lester’s no-hitter. That’s a great touch. Jere should be happy, too, since they used the new logo on the picture.

The letter is fun too. I noticed when I got the Papelbon letter that it definitely seemed to come from him, as opposed to the Wakefield version. Whether they actually helped write it or not, the Pap version used “awesome” more than the others…just like you’d expect. Again, Lester’s letter seems a bit specific to Jon. Especially the part about making us proud.

So, whether it’s a “success” or not, it’s a great and welcome addition to the collection.


Thanks Jon Lester!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah good to see they're keeping it current in the player-photo TTM category.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week