Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Happy 36th!

Today we wish a happy 36th birthday to Bartolo Colon. Now, I admit, I’m not usually in the habit of sending birthday wishes to Yankees. But, what’re you going to do?

I didn’t get the chance to see Colon pitch in a Red Sox uniform. I’m guessing that I’m not alone in that aspect. But, I did see Colon pitch a number of times with his former teams.

I saw him pitch for the Indians on 4/25/1999. The Indians lost to Pedro and the Sox 3-2. He pitched 6 innings, gave up 1 run on 9 hits, and struck out 9

I saw him pitch for the Indians on 6/8/2000. He lost to Pedro and the Sox 3-0. He pitched 7.2 innings, gave up 3 runs, 9 hits, and struck out 9.

I saw Colon pitch with the White Sox on 9/13/2003. He beat the Sox 3-1. He threw a complete game, giving up 1 run, five hits, and striking out 2.

So, he pitched pretty darn well in the games I saw him pitch. Hopefully, he doesn’t continue that streak if I see him play this season.

Happy 36th Birthday Bartolo Colon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week