Friday, May 13, 2011

Card of the Week: 1983 Topps #108

This is another great 1983 Topps offering. I love the design. The nice geometry. The head shot so you know what the players actually look like. It’s too bad they caught Glenn after an apparently tough workout.  Really, neither picture is all that stunning. A rather basic batting shot, and a simple head photo. Not exactly a grouping that will win many awards.

But, the card has everything I ask for. A design that doesn’t call attention to itself. The name and team clearly displayer on a corner. That allows for quick and easy searching. The color scheme makes sense for the team. It’s really the way a card should be constructed.

Pure and simple.

1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    I love your blog. Also, I was wondering if you could put a link to my site, if I put a link to your. http://redsoxbaseball360.blogspot.com/ is my website. Email me atredsox360blog@gmail.com if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week