Tuesday, September 8, 2020

1975 Topps Page by Page: Page 29 (253-261)

I'm sure that you all remember that I finally completed my 1975 Topps set. 

Now that it's done I thought it would be fun to look through the set and talk about it. Going page by page seemed like a good way to go about it. Hopefully you find it interesting to read what I have to say.

How about we continue with page 29?


Red Sox Cards on the Page:  1. Dewey!

Cards that make the 1975 Topps set cool: Ooh, lots of stuff here. Checklist cards are cool. Young cards of Hall of Famers are cool. Which you could argue whether or not Johnny Bench was "young" in 1975, it's a fantastic card. There are also two key member of the 1975 World Series, and an Alou brother! Pretty darn cool if you ask me.

My favorite card on the page: As much as I love that Bench, the Evans is the clear winner. A pre-moustached Evans posing in front of Section 36? That's a key card on any page...or in any set. (even if he's blocking most of Section 36)

What would your answers to those last two categories be?

2 comments:

  1. I think 1976 is my favorite set design of the 70's, but 1975 is up there as well. Nothing says 1970's better than that design and those retro color combiniations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coolest card on the page is Bench. It was an amazing card at the time. I've said this several times, but I remember pulling it out a pack on a walk back from the drug store. It felt like I had unwrapped a gold bar. I was afraid I'd drop it or the wind would blow it away.

    My favorite card though is the Lenny Randle. Loved that card back in '75.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week