Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Lindsey Roman Visits Section 36!

Photo Gage Brumbaugh
Section 36 had another visitor! 
Lindsey Roman is passionate about education, a talented singer, and the current Miss Granite Mountain. I was so excited that she wanted to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.

So, let's see what happens when Lindsey Roman visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Granite Mountain crown?

I’m a California girl at heart, so I went to In-n-Out! The next day I volunteered at an elementary school for the Flagstaff Literacy Center’s Raising Readers program.


What portion of the Miss Arizona competition are you most nervous about?

It would have to be talent because this will be my first time performing opera. I’ve been singing since the second grade but only practiced opera since October. I love my song choice though and I can’t wait to live in the moment!


What is something that Amber Barto is doing as Miss Arizona that you would want to emulate?

She has been at every event with the titleholders, and as a first-timer, this makes me feel so comfortable. She’s extremely connected with everyone in the organization and wants to make sure we have a great experience too, so I want to emulate that as well!


How did you select your social impact initiative, “L.E.A.R.N with Lindsey”?

My mom was an elementary school teacher and was involved in education throughout my childhood. She taught me the importance of reading and I’m incredibly thankful. My passion came when I found out that only 4 in 10 Arizona students read at grade level, so I wanted to take action. L.E.A.R.N. Stands for literacy education and resource network, and my focus is family literacy!


What do you enjoy most about performing your talent on stage?

I’ve always loved being on stage, and since I gave up performing in high school, MAO has given me that outlet to perform again. So, I will enjoy the opportunity to perform again and with a talent I’ve always dreamed of!


You’re currently studying graphic design and business at Northern Arizona University. What drew you to those fields?

Since learning how to code, I knew I wanted to pursue a

career in tech. I wanted to focus on my front end design skills with my degree, and it opened the door for a job with my university’s mobile app. As for the business side, I want to use these skills to round out my talents in design and give a launching point to a Product Management job. My experience so far has prepared me for incredible jobs after graduation.


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

Rapunzel all the way! Of course, without captivity. She’s a curious, sweet, brave character that I’ve looked up to forever. 


If you had an extra ticket to see a Cardinals - Diamondbacks game, who would you take with you? Why?

It will always be my dad. He gave me the love of the cardinals, taught me how to score, and took me to games whenever he could, so he will forever be my baseball partner.


Is there a feature or activity at Chase Field that you’d especially like to experience?

Throwing the first pitch has always been on my bucket list, but I’d also love to see if I could shadow one of the official scorekeepers for a game! I’m so fascinated how everyone scores a game differently, so seeing scoring in its official way would be really neat.


---

Shadowing the scorekeeper would definitely be a unique experience! 

As usual, I want to thank Lindsey for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

I also want to wish her luck when she competes for Miss Arizona! It would be fantastic to have another Section 36 Forever wear that crown.

I'm sure you'd like to follow along with Lindsey during her journey as Miss Granite Mountain. You should be sure to check out her title's Instagram account and her organization's website. They're great ways to keep track of everything she has going on. 


Thanks again Lindsey, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week